• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bar crawlin' in the Macongo.....

Long as he stays in the Mercer compound he will be find,but he’s only a couple hundred yards from complete thuggery
The same can be said about just about every college campus Ive been on in the state of Georgia. If they are aware of their surroundings and dont walk alone they stand a really good chance of being just fine. On most campuses they stand a better chance of being a victim of student/student crime than from the outside.

You mean you didn't die???

I've got a buddy who lives outside Macon and says his kids enjoy going downtown to the renovated areas.

Like any city I'm sure it has its areas to avoid but boy does Macon get a bad rep on ODT.

Son #1 starts Mercer this Fall. The way ODT makes it sound he'd need to use bounding overwatch between classes wearing Level IV body armor...covered by a buddy with a ma deuce...
Nah you're good in the Mercer campus area. Just don't cross the bridge by Mercer Village to the other side of the neighborhood. That's where you need the body armor. Mercer pays good money to keep the area around campus free from crime. Downtown can be hit or miss. The renovated areas are nice, and the crowd is mostly more well to do socialites. However, you have to watch out for the bums and druggies that live in the area and come hassle you while you're trying to enjoy a meal. Some of them will get aggressive. A lot of them hand out just a block from the Rookery. And you have to sometimes step over the ones sleeping on the ground during the Christmas light show they do every year up and down Poplar St.

I grew up in Wonderful Robbins.

Does that count?
It will very soon. The north end of Houston Co looks exactly like Macon. But then about 3 years ago they elected a Larhonda or Leshonda something as mayor. That was when my landlord sold our old shop building right off Russell Parkway. He said he couldn't get out of Warner Robins fast enough and that was the last property he had there.
Lately every time I go I see at least one panhandler in every parking lot on Watson Blvd. So it ain't looking good.

I used to like going to the 'Bird. But I can't stand how I smell when I get out of there with all that smoke. Seems to stay in my nostrils for hours.
When I used to go to the River in the late 90s I would have to send everything I had on to the cleaners the next day.

Back
Top Bottom