• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bar crawlin' in the Macongo.....

Need to bring back the old road side Honky Tonks, with Hank Williams on the Juke Box, saw dust on the Floor, cold PBR on Tap, Burgers with onions on the grill and waitresses who take you in arm wrestling, those were the days.. :very_drunk:

Need to bring back the old road side Honky Tonks, with Hank Williams on the Juke Box, saw dust on the Floor, cold PBR on Tap, Burgers with onions on the grill and waitresses who take you in arm wrestling, those were the days.. :very_drunk:
Yeah, nothing like walking into one as a stranger on Saturday night. Whole place suddenly goes dead quiet and you know it’s going to be an interesting evening.

Yeah, nothing like walking into one as a stranger on Saturday night. Whole place suddenly goes dead quiet and you know it’s going to be an interesting evening.
as long as you weren't wearing a dress and wearing a pin saying, "Vote democrat", it was cool, I stopped at many in the early 60's and never had a problem, safer than the bars today.. and the women were REAL Women :thumb:

as long as you weren't wearing a dress and wearing a pin saying, "Vote democrat", it was cool, I stopped at many in the early 60's and never had a problem, safer than the bars today.. and the women were REAL Women :thumb:
I had long hair and a beard when all the ‘good ’ol boys were sporting buzz cuts. And we’re talking middle and south Georgia In the 70’s.

I had long hair and a beard when all the ‘good ’ol boys were sporting buzz cuts. And we’re talking middle and south Georgia In the 70’s.
70's??? those weren't Honky Tonks, Son, those were Red Neck Bars LOL, Honky Tonks were 40's 50's and 60"s last one closed down in 1969 in Ga.. The Original High Falls Inn was the last of an era in the Country. I got into a Fight in one in Jan 1969 outside of Ft Gordon on a Dirt Back Road, eight locals thought they take on three Combat Vets, all Sargent's, the one I threw thru a window and knocked out a tooth, shook my hand and bought me a Beer before the Sheriff's dept arrived and all they did was dump us back at the Gate on Post.. Son, I say Son, you just grew up too late to enjoy life :becky:

70's??? those weren't Honky Tonks, Son, those were Red Neck Bars LOL, Honky Tonks were 40's 50's and 60"s last one closed down in 1969 in Ga.. The Original High Falls Inn was the last of an era in the Country. I got into a Fight in one in Jan 1969 outside of Ft Gordon on a Dirt Back Road, eight locals thought they take on three Combat Vets, all Sargent's, the one I threw thru a window and knocked out a tooth, shook my hand and bought me a Beer before the Sheriff's dept arrived and all they did was dump us back at the Gate on Post.. Son, I say Son, you just grew up too late to enjoy life :becky:
That sounds like a place my grandfather told me about over in Washington County. He told me about a bar where you could order a sammich and a customer came in, ordered a chicken sandwich. Cook recognized him as someone with whom he had "beef." Cook fixes him a chicken sandwich. Customer bites into it, turns out the cook placed four chicken necks in between two pieces of white bread with some mayo and ketchup. Customer calmly walks out to his car, comes back in with a 44 spl and shoots the cook dead.

Good times.

If yall find yourselves in Darien then you HAVE TO stop by The Cypress Lounge right on Hwy 17. This is the place is you're looking for the true hole in the wall dive bar experience. I used to live less than a mile from there. It's so laid back it's almost in a coma.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230810-123006.png
    Screenshot_20230810-123006.png
    510.9 KB · Views: 10
  • Screenshot_20230810-123018.png
    Screenshot_20230810-123018.png
    740 KB · Views: 10
That sounds like a place my grandfather told me about over in Washington County. He told me about a bar where you could order a sammich and a customer came in, ordered a chicken sandwich. Cook recognized him as someone with whom he had "beef." Cook fixes him a chicken sandwich. Customer bites into it, turns out the cook placed four chicken necks in between two pieces of white bread with some mayo and ketchup. Customer calmly walks out to his car, comes back in with a 44 spl and shoots the cook dead.

Good times.
One of my grandmother's brothers love to bar fight. He died in a bar that used to be somewhere near the Magnolia Court Motel at Pio Nono and 247. He whipped some guy's ass and said guy told him "Wait right here. I'll be right back ." Evidently great uncle didn't believe him and it was one of those " I can show you better than I can tell you." kinda deals. Couple of 45 slugs in the chest.
Yeah my White Trash lineage goes back a LONG way.

One of my grandmother's brothers love to bar fight. He died in a bar that used to be somewhere near the Magnolia Court Motel at Pio Nono and 247. He whipped some guy's ass and said guy told him "Wait right here. I'll be right back ." Evidently great uncle didn't believe him and it was one of those " I can show you better than I can tell you." kinda deals.
Yeah my White Trash lineage goes back a LONG way.
One of my best friends was a bar room brawler… and a loudmouth on top of that. He used to love to hit little neighborhood joints and start ****.
Only place I ever saw him back out of was a joint called The Little Brown Jug in Bowling Green, KY.
Saturday night, we walked in, joint was packed, went dead silent, every eye on us, he said ‘’let’s find another joint’’.

Back
Top Bottom