• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bar crawlin' in the Macongo.....

That sounds like a place my grandfather told me about over in Washington County. He told me about a bar where you could order a sammich and a customer came in, ordered a chicken sandwich. Cook recognized him as someone with whom he had "beef." Cook fixes him a chicken sandwich. Customer bites into it, turns out the cook placed four chicken necks in between two pieces of white bread with some mayo and ketchup. Customer calmly walks out to his car, comes back in with a 44 spl and shoots the cook dead.

Good times.
'Lil bit of an overreaction, but ok...

I have actually spent some time in Whiskey River....yep....used to hunt in Twiggs county....every once in a while, we'd get stupid on a Saturday night, and head to town....wasn't there a mechanical bull there....I'm talking early 80"s

I have actually spent some time in Whiskey River....yep....used to hunt in Twiggs county....every once in a while, we'd get stupid on a Saturday night, and head to town....wasn't there a mechanical bull there....I'm talking early 80"s
There may have been one way back when in the old building further down the same side of the street.

Need to bring back the old road side Honky Tonks, with Hank Williams on the Juke Box, saw dust on the Floor, cold PBR on Tap, Burgers with onions on the grill and waitresses who take you in arm wrestling, those were the days.. :very_drunk:

You know, that is a good point. I've lived in Atlanta/ Roswell/ Alpharetta for so long I forgot about the few years I lived in Rome GA. As much as I dislike country music I had a great time shooting pool in honky tonks in Rome back in the 80's.

Country music has some great beer drinking songs...

If yall find yourselves in Darien then you HAVE TO stop by The Cypress Lounge right on Hwy 17. This is the place is you're looking for the true hole in the wall dive bar experience. I used to live less than a mile from there. It's so laid back it's almost in a coma.
Hey, we used to have a Cypress Lounge close to me in Marietta. LOL

Back
Top Bottom