• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back pain

I’ve got two herniated discs so I definitely can weigh in on this & will make it brief

have tried spinal epidural injections , no benefit
Have tried massage guns, series of professional massages .. no help
Have tried cryotherapy , temporary relief
Have tried a LOT of chiropractic work, no relief..
have tried physical therapy... definitely only thing that helps
Have tried inversion table.. no help
My next step is to try stem cells

your best bet is gonna be physical therapy, stretching routine, core strengthening, avoid things that irritate it.

Those epidural injections were a complete joke. All they did was make me angry for a couple of days. And stem cell therapy is what I've been looking into also. The herniated discs are definitely harder to manage than the degenerative issues.

Yep those are pretty much the sames ones I do as well.

Try some good stretching yoga. I have the same problem. Good long stretches help a lot. An inversion table will help after you get it relieved. But it hurts like hell if it is still pinched. Trust me on that one. The best stretch I have found is act like you are sitting in a chair (you will be hovering but no chair is there) with your legs crossed. Sit down as far as you can then push down on the leg that is crossed real slow and hold it. It feels real good to me and helps a lot. I'm at the age where I can pick up a hundred plus pounds just fine while twisting but I have to hold my self just right before I sneeze or I am doomed for the rest of the day. I have a memory foam mattress and I love it, It's not the best for love making though. Not trying to sound crass with that, but it doesn't support quick movements well. But when you lie down in it and rest it forms to your body and holds everything well.

Those epidural injections were a complete joke. All they did was make me angry for a couple of days. And stem cell therapy is what I've been looking into also. The herniated discs are definitely harder to manage than the degenerative issues.

Yep those are pretty much the sames ones I do as well.
Yeah I get quite a bit of sciatica but only when it flares up... Like cutting and carrying heavy bucked hard wood... I need to do a better job at knowing my limitations ... back pain sucks!!!

Update. So Thursday there was very little if any improvement. I was getting REALLY tired of it by then. But I had registered for that trail race Saturday a.m. I had a buddy signed up so I went. I figured I'd walk if needed. I did not take a muscle relaxer Friday night (first one I skipped). I was able to run and my back felt fine until the last mile but even then was certainly bearable. My buddy only beat me by 2 seconds! :) I was a little concerned what the recovery would be like but no issues. I'm back to maybe 75% but am NOT pushing my back, at all. Only odd thing is now I haven't taken a muscle relaxer since last Thursday and I'm waking up in the middle of the night WIDE awake and can't get back to sleep so just lay there until some remotely normal time to get up. :mmph: Hopefully THAT stops soon.
Also may join a gym. I've got.... to.... get... back... in..... shape!

Update. So Thursday there was very little if any improvement. I was getting REALLY tired of it by then. But I had registered for that trail race Saturday a.m. I had a buddy signed up so I went. I figured I'd walk if needed. I did not take a muscle relaxer Friday night (first one I skipped). I was able to run and my back felt fine until the last mile but even then was certainly bearable. My buddy only beat me by 2 seconds! :) I was a little concerned what the recovery would be like but no issues. I'm back to maybe 75% but am NOT pushing my back, at all. Only odd thing is now I haven't taken a muscle relaxer since last Thursday and I'm waking up in the middle of the night WIDE awake and can't get back to sleep so just lay there until some remotely normal time to get up. :mmph: Hopefully THAT stops soon.
Also may join a gym. I've got.... to.... get... back... in..... shape!
we can get back on the bike?

takes a lot of pressure off the back..

I had my back experience -for the year- a couple weeks ago. Ive been averaging a blowout every 1-2 years for the last 5. I was doing some drywall mud work and heard an audible snap. Collapsed and spent a few minutes on the floor until the wife found me and asked why I was sleeping on the job. Got my MRI results this past Tues and I have a new bulge at L4/5. The snap was a muscle tear/rip. So off to therapy I go. Gives me hope that the next 35 years are going to be amazing :help:

we can get back on the bike?

takes a lot of pressure off the back..
Today would have been a great day for it. ;)

I had my back experience -for the year- a couple weeks ago. Ive been averaging a blowout every 1-2 years for the last 5. I was doing some drywall mud work and heard an audible snap. Collapsed and spent a few minutes on the floor until the wife found me and asked why I was sleeping on the job. Got my MRI results this past Tues and I have a new bulge at L4/5. The snap was a muscle tear/rip. So off to therapy I go. Gives me hope that the next 35 years are going to be amazing :help:
They say Crown Vics (even unwrecked ones) are driven by old men. You don't need to FULLY embrace the role! :p;)
I feel for ya bud. Listen to the therapists. Hope y'all had a Merry Christmas! Nothing like that first one with the expanded family. :)

Back
Top Bottom