• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Very sharp pain in ankle

xlr8ngn

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
44   0
Reaction score
Anyone wake up with extremely sharp pain in their ankle for no reason? It happens every 3-4 months, extremely painful and walk like I have a sprain. Tomorrow or the next day it will be completely gone when I wake up. It's strange, but has happened for many years. I searched but it refers to long term illnesses like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, which I have no signs of. Maybe just a pinched nerve? I've done nothing to injure it, no swelling, just very sharp pain.

I have had my uric acid levels checked many times (due to calcium based kidney stones) and my levels have always been normal. I have no redness or tenderness to the touch either.

Plantar fasciitis

"Plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of each foot and connects the heel bone to the toes, known as the plantar fascia.

Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that often occurs with your first steps in the morning. As you get up and move, the pain normally decreases, but it might return after long periods of standing or when you stand up after sitting."

Plantar fasciitis

"Plantar fasciitis (PLAN-tur fas-e-I-tis) is one of the most common causes of heel pain. It involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of each foot and connects the heel bone to the toes, known as the plantar fascia.

Plantar fasciitis commonly causes stabbing pain that often occurs with your first steps in the morning. As you get up and move, the pain normally decreases, but it might return after long periods of standing or when you stand up after sitting."
I've had it before, hurt continuously, and it finally tore after two months and was instant relief.

Look into tendonitis
I've had MRI's looking for tears, a mountain of anti-inflammatories and many cortisone shots battling tendonitis from weight lifting. Once I started Keto 2 years ago, virtually all my joint inflammation went away. This pain is very sharp and different from the tendonitis I have experienced over the years. I'm sure it could be, but seems different than the dull aches and impingement I have experienced in both shoulders, and years worth of tennis and golfer's elbow.

Anyone wake up with extremely sharp pain in their ankle for no reason? It happens every 3-4 months, extremely painful and walk like I have a sprain. Tomorrow or the next day it will be completely gone when I wake up. It's strange, but has happened for many years. I searched but it refers to long term illnesses like lupus and rheumatoid arthritis, which I have no signs of. Maybe just a pinched nerve? I've done nothing to injure it, no swelling, just very sharp pain.
I developed late onset male lupus a few years ago. I get those pains also. It doesn't go away. Usually men won't develope lupus until after their 40's, women can get it much younger

If it's not actually in the joint itself, it's not likely to be gout.
Looking at an anatomy chart, it hurts where the anterior talofibular ligament connects to the fibula, or just barely inside the joint there. Maybe I strained it somehow. I have no idea how though.

Back
Top Bottom