Back pain

GeauxLSU

Default rank 5000+ posts
Corn Pop
Staff member
Super Moderator
63   0
Reaction score
Where the stars at night are big and bright.
I refuse to admit I'm getting older, I guess. I mean I know I am, I just choose to ignore it. It seems I'm getting more and more reminders. A month ago I developed some lower back pain. No idea why, felt like typical muscular over exertion soreness that goes away in a day or two. No such luck. If anything, it's gotten worse. 95% of the time it's a 1 on the pain scale from 1-10. Moving it's a 2-3. But every now and then when I move, yawn, cough, whatever, and there's no consistency to it, it shoots radial pain that takes my breath away and waters the eyes. I'm talking off the charts. WTH?
I very rarely go to the doctor. Appointment today. No, I don't want 'pain medication'. I want it fixed! I got stuff to do! :mmph:

Radiating pain indicates a pinched nerve. It's possible you pulled something in your back. The body's response to injury is generally swelling around the injury. Since nerves run through the muscle tissue, the enlarged muscle fibers could be squeezing the nerve.
So, step 1: take an anti-inflammatory to reduce swelling.
Step 2: alternate heat and cold on the injured muscle groups.
Step 3: Stretch. Light stretching can help loosen up the muscles. 90% of what I did in PT when my back was messed up was stretching.
Step 4: Stay active! The muscles that surround your spine help keep everything in line. Do core exercises!

Lose some weight. Start building your core up work out and get plenty of physical activity. Don’t be the domesticated animal like the powers that be want us to be. good luck
I'm 6'0" and 175#. While it may not all be in the places I want, I don't believe weight is the issue.

Dont lose any more weight. You'll blow away.

Go see a good orthopedic to verify if its muscular or skeletal.

I second a inversion table. It hasnt fixed my pain but mine is muscular.

Check your vitamin levels. Specifically D3. If you find your pain is muscular, take magnesium.

If its due to inflammation, do keto.

This is just some stuff I've picked up along the way...

I refuse to admit I'm getting older, I guess. I mean I know I am, I just choose to ignore it. It seems I'm getting more and more reminders. A month ago I developed some lower back pain. No idea why, felt like typical muscular over exertion soreness that goes away in a day or two. No such luck. If anything, it's gotten worse. 95% of the time it's a 1 on the pain scale from 1-10. Moving it's a 2-3. But every now and then when I move, yawn, cough, whatever, and there's no consistency to it, it shoots radial pain that takes my breath away and waters the eyes. I'm talking off the charts. WTH?
I very rarely go to the doctor. Appointment today. No, I don't want 'pain medication'. I want it fixed! I got stuff to do! :mmph:

1st off I read where you started running again? Possibly pulled muscles? And it could be a kidney stone, go see your general practitioner and start there.

Back
Top Bottom