• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Back pain

Rarely going to the doctor is not a good thing. You need a check up and blood work once a year. Refusing to admit getting older and not going to the doctor is why my dad died of prostate cancer.

Rarely going to the doctor is not a good thing. You need a check up and blood work once a year. Refusing to admit getting older and not going to the doctor is why my dad died of prostate cancer.
I get an annual and with all my brothers having had prostate cancer, I'm staying on top of that believe me.
I mean I rarely ever go for "issues".

As an update, despite a couple decent efforts, pain has not returned, thank God.

Lower your sugar intake: Try a low carb regimen. If your back issue is due to injury / inflamation, the dietary chagne should reduce the inflamation and the pain will subside, either partially or completely.

Had a lower back injury back in the mid-1980s. Flared up a couple of times a year, debilitating at times; sore lower back most of my adult life. Started Keto eating regimen in 2018, haven't had a serious back episode since, and my back pain is dramatically reduced in everyday living.

This works for me. When I get on my ice cream binge, my joints, bones, muscle and brain suffer. Laying off all sugar and carbs for a week and I feel 10 years younger. Sugar is of the devil!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I refuse to admit I'm getting older, I guess. I mean I know I am, I just choose to ignore it. It seems I'm getting more and more reminders. A month ago I developed some lower back pain. No idea why, felt like typical muscular over exertion soreness that goes away in a day or two. No such luck. If anything, it's gotten worse. 95% of the time it's a 1 on the pain scale from 1-10. Moving it's a 2-3. But every now and then when I move, yawn, cough, whatever, and there's no consistency to it, it shoots radial pain that takes my breath away and waters the eyes. I'm talking off the charts. WTH?
I very rarely go to the doctor. Appointment today. No, I don't want 'pain medication'. I want it fixed! I got stuff to do! :mmph:

If, I hadn't seen my doctor last year, I would have been in much worse pain.

I refuse to admit I'm getting older, I guess. I mean I know I am, I just choose to ignore it. It seems I'm getting more and more reminders. A month ago I developed some lower back pain. No idea why, felt like typical muscular over exertion soreness that goes away in a day or two. No such luck. If anything, it's gotten worse. 95% of the time it's a 1 on the pain scale from 1-10. Moving it's a 2-3. But every now and then when I move, yawn, cough, whatever, and there's no consistency to it, it shoots radial pain that takes my breath away and waters the eyes. I'm talking off the charts. WTH?
I very rarely go to the doctor. Appointment today. No, I don't want 'pain medication'. I want it fixed! I got stuff to do! :mmph:

I'm in the same situation I refuse Pain Pills.

I get an annual and with all my brothers having had prostate cancer, I'm staying on top of that believe me.
I mean I rarely ever go for "issues".

As an update, despite a couple decent efforts, pain has not returned, thank God.

The regular prostate check up is necessary in my family too. Good to know you stay on top of it.

Back pain is a bitch. I’m finally getting mine under control after fighting it for 40 years with cortisone shots and nerve ablations. It’s hard to do much of anything when you’re in pain. So, good for you.

I didn’t read every post to this thread but, I will to see how you beat your back pain. I hope yours doesn’t return.

Back
Top Bottom