• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta fast food employees rally for $15 a hour...

This would never have happened if inflation would not have killed the value of the dollar. The dollar has lost 99% of its value since 1913. A minimum wage job had much more buying power 50 years ago than it does now.
buying power with a dollar is a moot point when most people in a bad financial situation are there as a result of abusing credit

I admit that is your opinion. These are subjective topics. Considering I believe the entire concept of a minimum wage idiotic from a free market standpoint, I'm not about to defend the shills protesting or proclaim a system is 'broken' when success is gained everyday by people who are others declare "trapped".

I have said it a few times. Our system is not broken for individuals. It is however broken for more than anyone here will admit to. Our politicians are bought and paid for by big business and bankers. They don't represent us anymore. The dollar is dyeing. The jobs are leaving and never coming back. I'm not making it up, it is happening, even if it's not happening to you.

It's not a victim mentality when the game is rigged. Capitalism is broken in our country. It's now crony capitalism. If you search, you will see that I am right on this.
Capitalism still works the same way it did back when people bartered

Nothing has changed except peoples opinions on the subject lol

I have said it a few times. Our system is not broken for individuals. It is however broken for more than anyone here will admit to. Our politicians are bought and paid for by big business and bankers. They don't represent us anymore. The dollar is dyeing. The jobs are leaving and never coming back. I'm not making it up, it is happening, even if it's not happening to you.
Exactly how are they bought and paid for (I'm not disagreeing, I want to hear your opinion). Then after you answer that, what is the easiest way to eliminate them being bought?

Capitalism still works the same way it did back when people bartered

Nothing has changed except peoples opinions on the subject lol

Not true. When the people that benefit from laws are the ones that are writing them, capitalism and free market suffer. What we have is crony capitalism and it's clear as day if you look for it.

Not true. When the people that benefit from laws are the ones that are writing them, capitalism and free market suffer. What we have is crony capitalism and it's clear as day if you look for it.
You keep saying that but its simply not true

Economy still works the same, you are making the clasic mistake if government=economy

They are honestly seperate

Exactly how are they bought and paid for (I'm not disagreeing, I want to hear your opinion). Then after you answer that, what is the easiest way to eliminate them being bought?

Through campaign donations, jobs for family and friends, post political career jobs, and gifts. Campaign finance reform is a major first step. Second step would be to not let politicians take jobs with businesses that they regulate when they finish being a politician.

You keep saying that but its simply not true

Economy still works the same, you are making the clasic mistake if government=economy

They are honestly seperate

The economy does not work the same when the laws pushed by big business and bankers gives undue protection to those businesses. Small business is dyeing at the hands of giant corporations that use politicians to stifle competition.

Through campaign donations, jobs for family and friends, post political career jobs, and gifts. Campaign finance reform is a major first step. Second step would be to not let politicians take jobs with businesses that they regulate when they finish being a politician.
That doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Entire industries buy off politicians and entire congresses due to our tax code.

The economy does not work the same when the laws pushed by big business and bankers gives undue protection to those businesses. Small business is dyeing at the hands of giant corporations that use politicians to stifle competition.
Can you be specific? Its hard to follow when you shift back and forth between micro and macro econ theory.

A specific firm for instance? Or industry?

Look up the concept of creative destruction. Change is constant, im sure the folks who use to make typewriters werent happy about microsoft making word processors

Back
Top Bottom