• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta fast food employees rally for $15 a hour...

There will always be winners and losers unless you're too big to fail. Wealthfare kings shine just as much light on a flawed system as welfare queens do.
And one party promotes both and the other party makes weak protests and does nothing about it. (I didn't say "Obama".)

AIG was to big to fail yet they did anyway.....the real failure is at the governments hand for bailing the bastards out

The worst part is that the gubment bailed out the rich bankers and left the common folk dangling. They definitely picked the winners and losers during the bailouts. That is not free market.

The worst part is that the gubment bailed out the rich bankers and left the common folk dangling. They definitely picked the winners and losers during the bailouts. That is not free market.
meh, not the bankers, AIG was insurance

and the bailout was supposedly to keep everyone in play. get rid of those at the top and they will drag everything down with them when they fall

imagine how many folks would be out of work? well, i say **** them all. if a business fails, it fails

meh, not the bankers, AIG was insurance

and the bailout was supposedly to keep everyone in play. get rid of those at the top and they will drag everything down with them when they fall

imagine how many folks would be out of work? well, i say **** them all. if a business fails, it fails

The early 2000s saw a marked period of growth as AIG acquired American General Corporation, a leading domestic life insurance and annuities provider,[24] and AIG entered new markets including India.[25] In February 2000, AIG created a strategic advisory venture team with the Blackstone Group and Kissinger Associates "to provide financial advisory services to corporations seeking high level independent strategic advice."[26] AIG was an investor in Blackstone from 1998 to March 2012, when it sold all of its shares in the company. Blackstone acted as an adviser for AIG during the 2007-2008 financial crisis.[27]

In November 2004, AIG reached a US$126 million settlement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Justice Department partly resolving a number of regulatory matters, but the company must still cooperate with investigators continuing to probe the sale of a non-traditional insurance product.[28]

Insurance and bankers are the same thing now.

mexico also wouldnt have gotten new plants to produce GM "american" made vehicles
In 2001 I sold a Nissan (made in Tennessee) to buy a Chevy (made in Mexico). Wut? :confused:
I still have it and don't have a single complaint about it but I'll never buy another GM product.

The early 2000s saw a marked period of growth as AIG acquired American General Corporation, a leading domestic life insurance and annuities provider,[24] and AIG entered new markets including India.[25] In February 2000, AIG created a strategic advisory venture team with the Blackstone Group and Kissinger Associates "to provide financial advisory services to corporations seeking high level independent strategic advice."[26] AIG was an investor in Blackstone from 1998 to March 2012, when it sold all of its shares in the company. Blackstone acted as an adviser for AIG during the 2007-2008 financial crisis.[27]

In November 2004, AIG reached a US$126 million settlement with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Justice Department partly resolving a number of regulatory matters, but the company must still cooperate with investigators continuing to probe the sale of a non-traditional insurance product.[28]

Insurance and bankers are the same thing now.
they are not the same

they specifically insured CDOs for goldman sachs

goldman sachs being the ****bags they are, knowingly had faulty CDOs insured so that AIG would get left with the buck. AIG made a bad investment by insuring the CDOs

And one party promotes both and the other party makes weak protests and does nothing about it. (I didn't say "Obama".)
You think they are two parties. That's cute.

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_04_16_340b5181cb97395c8db8df38c7879817.jpg

they are not the same

they specifically insured CDOs for goldman sachs

goldman sachs being the ****bags they are, knowingly had faulty CDOs insured so that AIG would get left with the buck. AIG made a bad investment by insuring the CDOs

Anyone that does that much investing and manipulation of markets is a banker in my eyes. It's all intertwined and ugly as hell.

Back
Top Bottom