• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta fast food employees rally for $15 a hour...

Everybody needs to fix themselves. Quit worrying about me. That's the problem with this form of government, everybody thinks they can vote everybody else responsible and accountable. How? By the government?

Last edited:
9 pages!

I'm not wading through it.

Key point; Union's love increases in the minimum wage as it tied into their contracts and they make money if it increases. Be very aware of who actually benefits.

San Francisco did this and closed a book business. If the cost of doing business goes up either the business will fail or pass the cost to the consumer and the value of currency will fall to step into place.

Your currency is worth less. And less are employed.

The worst part is that the gubment bailed out the rich bankers and left the common folk dangling. They definitely picked the winners and losers during the bailouts. That is not free market.
You realize the government made more back in interest from GM who paid all their debts than they would have made in bonds at prime rate right? Many other "bailouts" had to pay high rates as well, and did.

You realize the government made more back in interest from GM who paid all their debts than they would have made in bonds at prime rate right? Many other "bailouts" had to pay high rates as well, and did.

So you support bailouts of private companies?

I do not. I just think there is a common misconception that the government simply gave billions to companies in distress just to make the rich richer.

I do not. I just think there is a common misconception that the government simply gave billions to companies in distress just to make the rich richer.

Final Taxpayer Price Tag for the TARP Bailout: $40 Billion. GM specifically resulted in about $11 billion in losses. They paid back their so-called "obligations," but the taxpayers lost money when the government sold GM stock at a loss.

The government also stole (drastically reduced) the pensions from 20,000 NON-UNION Delphi employees.

Unions got very wealthy off of those bailouts.

You realize this absolutely 100% false.... to the tune of BILLIONS of dollars lost, right?
Final Taxpayer Price Tag for the TARP Bailout: $40 Billion. GM specifically resulted in about $11 billion in losses. They paid back their so-called "obligations," but the taxpayers lost money when the government sold GM stock at a loss.

The government also stole (drastically reduced) the pensions from 20,000 NON-UNION Delphi employees.

Unions got very wealthy off of those bailouts.
$11,000,000,000 here, $11,000,000,000 there, and pretty soon you're talking about real money!

Back
Top Bottom