• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta fast food employees rally for $15 a hour...

That doesn't amount to a hill of beans. Entire industries buy off politicians and entire congresses due to our tax code.

That too, but I still don't like your tax plan. Wages should not be taxed period! BTW, the financial industry alone has 5 lobbyists for every congressman. There is not a single discussion on capital hill that is not attended by lobbyists pushing their agenda.

Can you be specific? Its hard to follow when you shift back and forth between micro and macro econ theory.

A specific firm for instance? Or industry?

Look up the concept of creative destruction. Change is constant, im sure the folks who use to make typewriters werent happy about microsoft making word processors

Free trade agreements are one of the big ones. Pushed by big business, they created a system where our products are now being produced in poverty stricken countries for slave labor wages. This has been taken advantage of by most companies that produce large volumes.

I have said it a few times. Our system is not broken for individuals. It is however broken for more than anyone here will admit to. Our politicians are bought and paid for by big business and bankers. They don't represent us anymore. The dollar is dyeing. The jobs are leaving and never coming back. I'm not making it up, it is happening, even if it's not happening to you.

The system is most definitely broken, but that is because of government interference. And the reason we have government interference is because people have become lazy and stupid, and they demand the government steal from the hard workers in this country and give it to them.

These people demanding higher minimum wage have every right to do so. The problem here is they are too stupid to realize they are being used by unions and what they want is simply not possible in a capitalist society. If they do get what they want, then many will soon be out of a job. And because they are so lazy and stupid they will next be heading over to the government dole to collect their checks and blaming everyone but themselves while in route.

Fix the people. Fix the government. And the capitalist market will fix it itself.

You are giving them WAY to much credit. They don't think beyond the numbers on the next paycheck. When the agenda driven educated, get the willfully ignorant, to enlist the genuinely stupid on their behalf, this is what we get.
Most educated people don't understand basic economics (November 2008, November 2012) much less how idiotic the concept of a mandated 'minimum wage' is.
Yes its sad but true. We call them useful idiots or crash dummies. It reminds me a lot of the documentary II saw on Netflix called Occupy Unmasked. All those dumb ass college kids were just being used by the old Baby Boomer leftover hippies.

http://www.intellectualtakeout.org/...cs/free-market-capitalism-vs-crony-capitalism

This is a quick but worthwhile read. We definitely do not have a free market in this country.

I don't think anyone is saying there isn't a problem with our current business market. What many of us are saying is that what these people are doing is stupid, you can still make it in our current business market, and there is no way to mandate fairness.

There will always be winners and losers in a capital market, no matter how "free" it is. The issue for the losers becomes how do they react to losing. You can either whine about it or pick yourself up and move on to the next thing. Personally I've had some of the crappiest jobs working for some of the biggest idiot managers imaginable. And I always told myself that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life living and working in that environment.

You just have to keep moving forward and not demand people give you something - like the idiots in the OP are doing.

Free trade agreements are one of the big ones. Pushed by big business, they created a system where our products are now being produced in poverty stricken countries for slave labor wages. This has been taken advantage of by most companies that produce large volumes.
get rid of free trade agreements altogether and it would still be the case

supply and demand

I don't think anyone is saying there isn't a problem with our current business market. What many of us are saying is that what these people are doing is stupid, you can still make it in our current business market, and there is no way to mandate fairness.

There will always be winners and losers in a capital market, no matter how "free" it is. The issue for the losers becomes how do they react to losing. You can either whine about it or pick yourself up and move on to the next thing. Personally I've had some of the crappiest jobs working for some of the biggest idiot managers imaginable. And I always told myself that I didn't want to spend the rest of my life living and working in that environment.

You just have to keep moving forward and not demand people give you something - like the idiots in the OP are doing.

I can agree with this for sure. People are lazy and stupid. I am not for protesting for wage increases or anything like that. I do however want the system fixed. The dollar has become worthless paper and that hurts everyone.

Back
Top Bottom