• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta fast food employees rally for $15 a hour...

That proves my point. So few people have any work ethic that someone who exceeds expectations is bound to be successful.

Flipping burgers is not a career, it is a start. Whether you move up at McD or build a resume to move on to bigger and better things. Raising the minimum wage robs people of the opportunity to take that first step. It is simple economics; the more something costs, the fewer you can afford.

We need to shorten unemployment benefits, restrict the use of food stamps, and tighten requirements for welfare. Being poor is supposed to be uncomfortable. As long as being poor means big screen TV, car, housing, and food, there is little motivation to improve.

The whole stepping stone argument doesn't work because there are not even close to enough good jobs in this country. We shipped them out years ago. Now we are a service based economy. If everybody worked hard, there would be no place for them to go. What happens now is he best of the best move up, and everyone else is left behind.

The whole stepping stone argument doesn't work because there are not even close to enough good jobs in this country. We shipped them out years ago. Now we are a service based economy. If everybody worked hard, there would be no place for them to go. What happens now is he best of the best move up, and everyone else is left behind.

There are shortages of skilled labor in this country.

I have to leave y'all now to get some work done.

This would never have happened if inflation would not have killed the value of the dollar. The dollar has lost 99% of its value since 1913. A minimum wage job had much more buying power 50 years ago than it does now.
Yeah but I still can't believe that supposedly grown people can't grasp that if you basically double their hourly wage that money HAS TO be made up somewhere. Its not politics or magic its math. And I guess what it really comes down to is that these bottom rung people just don't care about facts or the companies they work for. So most of them are so ****ing stupid they would rather get paid a lot for a very short time and then be out of work again when the company or location closes.

I try and avoid the victim mentality when it comes to matters of capitalism. The two really are sort of incompatible.

It's not a victim mentality when the game is rigged. Capitalism is broken in our country. It's now crony capitalism. If you search, you will see that I am right on this.

Yeah but I still can't believe that supposedly grown people can't grasp that if you basically double their hourly wage that money HAS TO be made up somewhere. Its not politics or magic its math. And I guess what it really comes down to is that these bottom rung people just don't care about facts or the companies they work for. So most of them are so ****ing stupid they would rather get paid a lot for a very short time and then be out of work again when the company or location closes.
You are giving them WAY to much credit. They don't think beyond the numbers on the next paycheck. When the agenda driven educated, get the willfully ignorant, to enlist the genuinely stupid on their behalf, this is what we get.
Most educated people don't understand basic economics (November 2008, November 2012) much less how idiotic the concept of a mandated 'minimum wage' is.

You are giving them WAY to much credit. They don't think beyond the numbers on the next paycheck. When the agenda driven educated, get the willfully ignorant, to enlist the genuinely stupid on their behalf, this is what we get.
Most educated people don't understand basic economics (November 2008, November 2012) much less how idiotic the concept of a mandated 'minimum wage' is.

It wouldn't be necessary if we had a truly "free market". We don't have that. The laws favor the big businesses and banks. In 2008 you didn't see laid off workers getting a bailout on their mortgages. You saw banks get bailed out and then they kept the houses that they foreclosed on. Our system is broken, but you wont admit it.

It wouldn't be necessary if we had a truly "free market". We don't have that. The laws favor the big businesses and banks. In 2008 you didn't see laid off workers getting a bailout on their mortgages. You saw banks get bailed out and then they kept the houses that they foreclosed on. Our system is broken, but you wont admit it.
I admit that is your opinion. These are subjective topics. Considering I believe the entire concept of a minimum wage idiotic from a free market standpoint, I'm not about to defend the shills protesting or proclaim a system is 'broken' when success is gained everyday by people who are others declare "trapped".

Back
Top Bottom