• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Atlanta fast food employees rally for $15 a hour...

there was a truck stop gas station that had touch screen check out and fuel registers in tennessee i stopped at a few months ago and the racetrac has a burrito thing like moss inside them by my house thats the same thing

Well, Amanda McAdams, Fred Durst, Jeff Bezos, Sharon Stone, Macy Gray, Jay Leno, Andy Card, Carl Lewis, Star Jones, Keenan Wayans, Shania Twain and DL Hughley are people who worked at McDonalds that never amounted to anything!

Its more complicated than that.

You need to get out more.

Capital is more than money.

Too many concurrent arguments?

Big picture. You're missing it.

images.t_nation.com_forum_images_auto_r_786x0_b_c_bccdb_ORIG_troll_of_the_year.jpg

Last edited:
I've told this story every time this subject comes up.

We have a family friend, a SF Vietnam veteran, who lost his ass in a wine and cheese shop in the '70s. He had two small children and a wife to feed. Of course, back then men had pride and did not simply go on the dole. He took a job at Taco Bell.

You have to stop and think about that for a second. A Green Beret Vietnam veteran entrepreneur took a job making ****ing tacos in order to feed his family.

He didn't wallow in it, he excelled. He busted tail until he became manager, area manager, and then franchise owner. Then he opened another and another and so on until he cashed out. He is now a venture capitalist and multi, multi millionaire. No one gave it to him; he earned it through dedication, hard work, and long hours. Wherever the next step was, he picked up his family and moved.

I've told this story every time this subject comes up.

We have a family friend, a SF Vietnam veteran, who lost his ass in a wine and cheese shop in the '70s. He had two small children and a wife to feed. Of course, back then men had pride and did not simply go on the dole. He took a job at Taco Bell.

You have to stop and think about that for a second. A Green Beret Vietnam veteran entrepreneur took a job making ****ing tacos in order to feed his family.

He didn't wallow in it, he excelled. He busted tail until he became manager, area manager, and then franchise owner. Then he opened another and another and so on until he cashed out. He is now a venture capitalist and multi, multi millionaire. No one gave it to him; he earned it through dedication, hard work, and long hours. Wherever the next step was, he picked up his family and moved.

Like I said, our system works great at an individual level. What would happen if everybody did this? There would only be owners, no workers. There is not enough room atop this American pyramid for everyone to move up. The jobs and opportunities just don't exist for everybody to be successful.

Like I said, our system works great at an individual level. What would happen if everybody did this? There would only be owners, no workers. There is not enough room atop this American pyramid for everyone to move up. The jobs and opportunities just don't exist for everybody to be successful.
that is impossible

unless you are saying that everyone is a 1099 contractor and can work for business owners or other 1099 folks

fact is not everyone is meant to be a millionaire. just like not everyone will get to be MVP on the baseball team. and success is a relative term. i consider someone living within their means and raising a family or pursuing their goals to be successful despite not earning millions of dollars

it is what it is

There is plenty of opportunity for those who work hard. Look at the ****heads surrounding you and outwork them.

I have an ex-girlfriend who is dumber than a box of rocks. Lovely and sweet but honestly, unintelligent. She holds a degree from a major university, not because she is smart but because she studied and studied hard to get out with a "C" average. Last we spoke, she was a Regional Senior VP for a bank. She did not excel because she was smart, but because she was willing to put in the hours, when others were not. When ****ty orders came down from corporate, she said "yes sir" and carried them out without complaint. She does quite well for herself.

You can complain about your lot in life or you can improve it.

Back
Top Bottom