****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

Were the Packers "idiots" for drafting Rodgers while they still had Favre?

Ohh, it's OK for them and not us....lol
When they drafted Rodgers at pick 24? Or when they drafted Jordan Love at 26? No, the Packers were probably smart. And the Falcons would probably have looked smart too if they had taken a QB by trading back into the 1st round toward the back end, not at pick 8. I like Penix and I think this was stupid. Hopefully it works out. If TF gets fired in the next couple years, this could be exhibit A. Or he ends up looking like a genius. Who the hell knows?

When they drafted Rodgers at pick 24? Or when they drafted Jordan Love at 26? No, the Packers were probably smart. And the Falcons would probably have looked smart too if they had taken a QB by trading back into the 1st round toward the back end, not at pick 8. I like Penix and I think this was stupid. Hopefully it works out. If TF gets fired in the next couple years, this could be exhibit A. Or he ends up looking like a genius. Who the hell knows?

It's actually worse than just the draft pick being way too high for this move, because of the size and length of contract they just gave Cousins.

It's definitely a "WTF?" moment.

I think Penix is a star in the making but that just makes the four year 180 million dollar contract for Cousins look stupid. We needed an edge rusher bad. We missed Dallas Turner, Jared Verse and Chop Robinson. Another bonehead move by the Falcons.

Reactions: GFB
The kirk cousins contract is guaranteed 100mil guaranteed money is all that matters he will be here for two years if he stays healthy and we have a rookie qb that will learn and be ready when he is called on. First smart move ive seen falcons make in a while IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's actually worse than just the draft pick being way too high for this move, because of the size and length of contract they just gave Cousins.

It's definitely a "WTF?" moment.
They could have chosen any defensive player in the draft or they could have drafted a WR with the potential to become elite. They could have taken a starting-caliber OT if they wanted someone to ride the bench for a little while. Taking Penix where they did, the Falcons maybe were saying their #1 priority was an insurance policy on Cousins and that was more important than trying to help the team win in the next couple seasons. If Cousins goes down with another major injury and Penix balls out, TF looks like a genius. Otherwise, TF looks pretty bad here.

Back
Top Bottom