• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

****Atlanta Falcons**** And The NFL In General

I am still here.

My argument was not that Matt Ryan wasn’t a good QB but rather that he wasn’t worth the money to keep him after the SB run. There were a lot of needs on the o-line to be addressed in FA that year that weren’t because of the cap and the contract they had to give him to stay (plus the often-injured Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley with the gambling problem). The falcons had to eat that money when Ryan left.

And where is Matt Ryan now? He did - what - one year in Indy before being released or retiring? He was a great QB when given a decent OC, good receivers to which to throw, and an o-line to protect him.

Back to Ridder - he ain’t the answer. There is really no denying the failure of this current team. Bijan, Pitts, and maybe London are freak players at their position but nobody seems to want to get them the ball. Blame the OC, blame the QB - I don’t know - but something isn’t clicking.
That's one...lol.

Where is that Dammit Boy! guy? Every loss was put on Ryan regardless of the offensive line performance, lack of defense, etc. Ryan couldn't make passes while on the run for his life or laying on his back. Same at the Colts - they had no offensive line to protect him and he got killed in the Denver game. Ryan was hit so many times I felt sorry for him.

I'd say they overpaid for Ryan and Julio and it cost them in the long run. Falcons MGT weakened the other positions since the team had little money to work with when saddled with their contracts. As was said here it's a team sport, but there are key positions that help tip the balance - that make a good team a great team or a bad one. We need a new QB.

I'd hate to start over with another QB but if we don't know about Ridder by now to say he is our future, then that says enough to me. I know he has played barely one season, but there are too many fumbles and INTs for me.

I am still here.

My argument was not that Matt Ryan wasn’t a good QB but rather that he wasn’t worth the money to keep him after the SB run. There were a lot of needs on the o-line to be addressed in FA that year that weren’t because of the cap and the contract they had to give him to stay (plus the often-injured Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley with the gambling problem). The falcons had to eat that money when Ryan left.

And where is Matt Ryan now? He did - what - one year in Indy before being released or retiring? He was a great QB when given a decent OC, good receivers to which to throw, and an o-line to protect him.

Back to Ridder - he ain’t the answer. There is really no denying the failure of this current team. Bijan, Pitts, and maybe London are freak players at their position but nobody seems to want to get them the ball. Blame the OC, blame the QB - I don’t know - but something isn’t clicking.
I watched Ryan fail miserably on another team after he left here. I just laughed and said he's their problem now

I will say this about the current team: they are much closer to being a real contender than they have been since 2017. The defense is allowing 19.2 points per game which is 6th in the NFL this year.

They seem to have a lot of the piece parts of a good team there if they can figure out the QB and offensive play caller situation.

The offensive line play is much improved and there are under-utilized playmakers on offense (London, Robinson, Pitts, Allgeier, Patterson, and Hollins).

The games are frustrating to watch because the potential is there.

Back
Top Bottom