• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Are multi-tools still a thing?

I’ve used Leatherman Supertool for close to 30 years. If I am home, I have much better tools but the Leatherman is good to have around when I can’t get to a toolbox. There is no substitute for having a basic toolset though.
Check pawn shops for this one first. Then maybe Ebay
The best tool Leatherman ever made, hands down..

I need something to cover the basics and I'm not sure if a multi-tool is it. I had a Gerber 25 years ago and it was good but technology moves fast. What is a good one? I need the pliers and screwdriver part mostly. I carry a good knife so that part is covered.

A Leatherman Wingman is on my belt every day. Rarely a day goes by that it doesn't get used for something. It's right in the middle size and weight wise. The are a million of them now, some geared towards a specific industry.

Never as good a real tool, but it's better than nothing or carrying around a toolbox if you're not on a "jobsite".

The factory sheath is nearly worthless, I had a kydex one made.

I keep a Leatheman Wave+ in my bag that goes with me everywhere. However, I've found this tool to be all I need 99% of the time. Can't beat the price and the lifetime warranty.

Screenshot_20240326_203908_Brave.jpg

I have em all over the place. Gerber is my go-to, followed by SOG, but still have some Leathermans. Have 1 in each vehicle, another in most packs, and a few lying around in various places in the house for whatever reason. Generally not the best tool to have for any given situation, but certainly can be a useful tool for most situations.

I carried a leatherman wave for 20 years as a sheriffs deputy. I carried the same leatherman wave prior to being a deputy. I still carry the same leatherman wave today as a truck driver. I use it almost every day. I keep the extension,extra screw driver bits and torx bits in my go bag that goes everywhere with me. I have cut a barbwire fence that a horse had it's leg stuck in and cut an artery. Someone always seems to need a tool and never has any handy. I lend mine to them and they always say they need to get something like that to keep with them. I always remind them to buy a quality tool and not the cheap ones.

A Leatherman Wingman is on my belt every day. Rarely a day goes by that it doesn't get used for something. It's right in the middle size and weight wise. The are a million of them now, some geared towards a specific industry.

Never as good a real tool, but it's better than nothing or carrying around a toolbox if you're not on a "jobsite".

The factory sheath is nearly worthless, I had a kydex one made.

Pocket clip doesn't work for you?

I prefer the Sidekick because of the saw. Have a Wingman, but rarely ever use the scissors, so I don't carry it.

Back
Top Bottom