• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

AR-15 pistol movement

You’re either pro 2A or you’re not.

I’m really starting to hate the 2A community. Between closeted ATF supporters and the why do you need that group it’s so easy to see why we are ****ed.
I never said I supported anything there. I think you are taking it out of context. I was more or less getting that I I never liked the look of them to begin with. I mean there are some that look really cool but I just never had the desire to build one. And I was just making a comment on how many I've seen come up for sale so quick because I believe people are the thinking the same thing. Without the braces I think the Aesthetics of that weapon just aren't there. I'm not for anything that goes against our second amendment rights but in today's climate if you're intelligent you can tell what's going to be a problem or not. There are too many people and too many groups out there that are looking to shut us Second Amendment supporters down and they'll hack away at it one little chip at a time. I even knew the bump stop stocks were going to be a problem and I believe those Force reset triggers are going to be a problem. In Virginia already any kind of modification that alters the way the trigger is activated and causes an increased rate of fire is not legal in the state of Virginia. And I pretty much think that'll carry over to a lot of other states in the near future. So don't take it the wrong way, you're putting words in my mouth that didn't come out of it. I'm a staunch advocate for anything having to do with guns or gun modifications they shouldn't be toyed with by the government. Period! END OF CONVERSATION !

Well I would have to say a regular handgun would pretty much make the 16in barrel problem be a non problem. I'm just taking a wild stab at it here.

Yeah, but we all know rifles are easier to accurately fire than a pistol. Some people aren’t comfortable with pistols, so the ATF shouldn’t be determining what people can/cannot chose for self defense.

What no one is discussing is how this affects the disabled. I have a few disabled students and they have a lot of questions.

What it boils down too is, a disabled person has to pay MORE to exercise their rights. Someone missing an arm (like my student) shouldn’t have to pay $200 and wait, Lord knows how long, for an accessory that makes it more comfortable and accurate for them. That’s discrimination. And the govt can’t require a disabled person to disclose their disability to purchase a firearm. But I wouldn’t put it past them try to make braces only available to those with proof of a qualifying disability.

Next thing these crooks will do is impose a $200 tax on ALL “assault weapons”. They’ll claim that there’s plenty other firearms a person can utilize instead.

They moved this thread to law and order because it got political real quick. Initially I was commenting on the increase in sales of AR pistols just in the short time that braces were banned. I can see where it could be taken either way. A political debate was not my intention just to be clear. I was just commenting on the spike of AR pistol sales. Owners are wanting big money on these guns that are just not symmetrically attractive without that brace. I think there will be a lot of SBR stamp applications for the same reason folks are dumping them. Without that brace to make those guns aestheticaly pleasing to the eye they aren't going to fetch the money members have wrapped up in them and of course that's just a theory at this point but It's going to be entertaining to watch and see how it goes. Only to the guys that don't have one or trying to sell one though.

What no one is discussing is how this affects the disabled. I have a few disabled students and they have a lot of questions.

What it boils down too is, a disabled person has to pay MORE to exercise their rights. Someone missing an arm (like my student) shouldn’t have to pay $200 and wait, Lord knows how long, for an accessory makes it more comfortable and accurate for them. That’s discrimination. And the govt can’t require a disabled person to disclose their disability to purchase a firearm. But I wouldn’t put it past them trying and making braces only available to those with proof of a qualifying disability.

Next thing these crooks will do is impose a $200 tax on ALL “assault weapons”. They’ll claim that there’s plenty other firearms a person can utilize instead.
Excellent point!

Back
Top Bottom