• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Appleseed Marksmanship Classes- 1 slot open in Roswell

You can pay at the door if there are slots available. You can also go for one day, if that's all the time you have. Saturday is a lot of learning, Sunday is a lot of shooting. You shoot plenty on Saturday, but it's mostly practice.
I need to do the learning, and i want to do the shooting.. Lol. I'm really hoping I can clear both days. Sounds like I should go ahead and sign up online just to avoid the drive down only to find out it's full. Thanks.

So what is a suggested age that is acceptable for this. My son is 5 and is capable of shooting but would like to get him trained early, before he picks up my bad habits.

I need to do the learning, and i want to do the shooting.. Lol. I'm really hoping I can clear both days. Sounds like I should go ahead and sign up online just to avoid the drive down only to find out it's full. Thanks.

I think you should sign up, until commit yourself to coming.

So what is a suggested age that is acceptable for this. My son is 5 and is capable of shooting but would like to get him trained early, before he picks up my bad habits.

If he's capable of manipulating his firearm by himself he might be ready. We don't have a minimum age, just the parents good sense. We let many of our young students either shoot prone or off a bag, depending on their size, strength, etc.

It looks like there are enough instructors signed up that he might practically rate his own instructor until we trust his safety instincts. A single shot would be great if you have one, something like a cricket out rascal.

The most important thing to help him with before you come is to keep his muzzle pointed downrange. Many times when the youngest students have a question it hear you ask them a question, they have a tendency to occur their entire body with the rifle, sweeping others. Just work a little with him on that and we'll all have a good time. Hope to see you there.

Well he is capable of handling his rifle. He has been shooting bb gun for a couple years and got a little rascal .22 for Christmas. I have pushed gun safety on him since day one. I will talk to momma and him to see if this is something he would like to do. Maybe even put the wife in it. She could use the help also. Thanks freedom freedom

Back
Top Bottom