Anyone here have a Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD?

I'll buck the trend... I've had a 2008 Taco & now own a 2012 Nissan Frontier. I bought the Taco in 2009 w/ 18k miles. I was on mobilization at Ft. McCoy and driving 1000 miles at a time when coming home. I hated the Taco, it only went about 270 miles between fill ups on the Hwy. ( appx. 16-17 MPG.) The V8 Dakota I traded got 16 MPG. and had a lot more room & bed space. The Taco had "quirks" do you put a 12 of beer on the passanger seat? Maybe a brief case? Well, you better make sure that seat is buckled or the damn alarm will go off until you strap in your beer. Also I'm 5'8 and 175 lbs, and I felt cramped, try that on a 15 hour ride. Also my truck was a 6 speed, and 6th gear was useless, it felt just like 5th gear and 5th gear didn't have any power either. The Nissan will pass trucks in 5th gear and 6th gear is a true override gear. Granted my Taco was a 4x4 and my Nissan is not.
I could go on and on about the Taco, but if your local and want to drive my truck, your welcome to give it a spin. Just shoot me a PM.

I go to church with a guy who used to be a mechanic at the local toyota dealership. He said that the Tacoma is the only vehicle that toyota makes that they have never offered factory incentives. Even the camry has incentives and it's the best selling car in America for like 10 years straight. He said that tacos sell like hot cakes even when the recession was in it's worst phase, even without incentives.

GLWS

I totally get that. But it's worth a try. I'm not afraid to walk. I like to win and if they don't want to give me the deal I want, well, see ya!

Went and test drove the Tacoma. I have to say I like it better than the Nissan. I'm just hoping they'll haggle a little.

The only things I don't like about my prerunner is the lack of leg room in the back, getting 300 miles to a tank on a good week. I got a good deal but wish I would have kept looking till I found a 4wd. I got all the weight of a 4wd without the ability. Other than that though it's my favorite truck I've ever had. It will still go a lot of places a 2wd truck has no business going. I wish they still put the 22r engines in them. I'm holding out hope for when the 2015 Colorado comes out with the diesel option. Hopefully it will do well enough for toyota to take notice and send some almost hiluxs' our way.

Beware the dealership in Chattanooga though, I hear bad things.

The only things I don't like about my prerunner is the lack of leg room in the back, getting 300 miles to a tank on a good week. I got a good deal but wish I would have kept looking till I found a 4wd. I got all the weight of a 4wd without the ability. Other than that though it's my favorite truck I've ever had. It will still go a lot of places a 2wd truck has no business going. I wish they still put the 22r engines in them. I'm holding out hope for when the 2015 Colorado comes out with the diesel option. Hopefully it will do well enough for toyota to take notice and send some almost hiluxs' our way.

Beware the dealership in Chattanooga though, I hear bad things.

I'm definitely wanting 4wd. I might have to get the Nissan in order to get everything I want at the price I want it. I'm just curious to see what Toyota is willing to do. If they won't work with me some then I'll drive across the street and buy the Nissan because I'm pretty confident I can get a Pro4-X for 30000 OTD no problem. They have 6 Pro4-X's they have been sitting on for a while so I know they want to get them sold.

They have 6 Pro4-X's they have been sitting on for a while so I know they want to get them sold.
There is a reason for that. Ever see a Nissan with 200k miles? How about 300k? I'm sure there may be some but you can find a 300k taco in just about any Walmart parking lot.

There is a reason for that. Ever see a Nissan with 200k miles? How about 300k? I'm sure there may be some but you can find a 300k taco in just about any Walmart parking lot.

I hear ya. To the Nissan's credit, it's a well built truck, just not as popular. I've seen plenty of the older Nissan Hardbody's and older Pathfinders out and about. The demand for the Tacoma is why it's priced the way it is and holds it's value. I know myself and if I can hold on to a vehicle for 5-6 years I'm setting personal records. I do like getting a new vehicle, my Dad always traded like every 2-3 years and it kinda rubbed off on me. My wife hates it, lol.

I totally get that. But it's worth a try. I'm not afraid to walk. I like to win and if they don't want to give me the deal I want, well, see ya!

Oh yeah it's definitely worth a shot! The best deal my dad could get on a prerunner extended cab 4 banger in 2012 was 25k. I've seen him haggle for 3 hours for like $25 lol most dealerships just give him what they want cause they can usually sell 2-3 cars in the time that they sell him 1. It took him all day to buy his rav4 last year.

sinac what dealers are you currently looking at? Atlanta toyota is a high volume dealer is can usually wheel and deal on the pricing, though i dont know how much they budge on tacomas just because they sort of sell themselves (best selling small pickup in the country). Not sure what we have on my lot right now since i work in service (World Toyota) but i do know we usually have modified ones on the lot as well.

sinac what dealers are you currently looking at? Atlanta toyota is a high volume dealer is can usually wheel and deal on the pricing, though i dont know how much they budge on tacomas just because they sort of sell themselves (best selling small pickup in the country). Not sure what we have on my lot right now since i work in service (World Toyota) but i do know we usually have modified ones on the lot as well.
I'm looking at Toyota by Mall of GA. Do you work at the Duluth one?

Back
Top Bottom