Anyone here have a Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD?

Went and test drove the Tacoma. I have to say I like it better than the Nissan. I'm just hoping they'll haggle a little.

Try using the Internet. When I was truck shopping a few years ago, I got quotes from 5 Nissan dealers. Eventually had 2 of them in a price war with each other. An Internet salesman I met at a party last year told me that they could typically beat their floor salesmen by several percent.

Well, just like the last 3 times I've tried to work something out with Toyota, they are just way to proud of there **** and want to bend you over and give it to your jail house style on your trade. Went with the Nissan. Got what I wanted for my Ram ($3000 more than what Toyota offered) and got like $2000 off the sticker. I'll never look at a Toyota again.

I'm a Toyota fan, having owned two Land Cruisers (89 and 93), a 04 DC Tacoma 4X4, and my wife currently owns a 05 4Runner 4X4. With that being said, when it came time to buy another truck, I went with the Frontier. I currently own a 05 DC 4X4 Frontier SE with the 6 speed manual. It is true midsize truck compared to the Tacoma, boxed frame and steel bed. The Tacoma has more creature comforts inside, where as this is where Nissan saves money. The Frontier is more comfortable than the Tacoma. For some reason, Toyota sitting position has always had that sitting in the floor feel. The Frontier has a real truck sitting position and is more comfortable. The Frontier has more power, although it is heavier (titan frame). The Frontier has 4 wheel disk brakes, not so on the Tacoma. Either way, you can't go wrong but IMHO, the Frontier is the better "truck" and the Tacoma is more car like with a space (plastic bed) to throw your trash and some bags of mulch. The Tacoma will have a better resale though, I mean it is a Toyota.

I have no qualms about mine lasting as long as a Tacoma. I used my buddies newer model Tacoma DC TRD 4X4 as comparison.

Last edited:
Toyota best pick for import. Domestic FORD. Don't buy anything that took bail-out money from the government, Chevy, GMC, Dodge, etc....

Back
Top Bottom