Anyone here have a Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD?

sinac84

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
187   0
Reaction score
What has been your experience with your truck? Pros/cons? I'm thinking either a Tacoma TRD V6 or Nissan Frontier Pro4-X.

I have an 02 2 wheel drive pre-runner quad cab v6 taco and it's been one of the lowest maintenance trucks I ever owned. Other than routine maintenance I haven't had to do anything to it. She just hit 175,000 miles and I gave it to my 16 year old to start driving.

TRD from 2001-2004 were rock solid. I wouldn't lift them much as they have IFS. Other than that, great trucks. V6's feel underpowered in the highway though. That's my biggest complaint. Locking rear diff and 4 wheel on the fly. Hard to beat. They are a timing belt engine, but it's not too bad to change.

TRD Off road or TRD Sport? Both great trucks, don't really care about Nissan!

TRD Off-Road. This is a vehicle I plan to hang on to for a long time so I want to pick a good one. One big positive to the Toyota is the estimated 5-year cost to own. It's about 5 grand cheaper than the Nissan because of depreciation. The Toyota, after 5 years depreciates about $9000, the Nissan about $16000. Also, I see alot of older Tacoma's still running around. I like the interior better than the Nissan. The Nissan does come with more features for the money though. Things like a back up camera, leather, heated seats, skid plates (not that I'm gonna need them), navi, 10 speaker stereo. So, it's kind of a tough call for me.

I have owned 4 4x4 Ford Powerstrokes, 1 Chevy Dually Duramax, 1 Dodge Hemi 4x4, a couple of 4x4 F150s, and a Z71 Avalanche. I am now driving a 2013 4x4 Tacoma and it is by far my favorite truck I have ever owned. It won't pull like my old diesel trucks, but it goes everywhere, even places I don't want to go.

I have owned 4 4x4 Ford Powerstrokes, 1 Chevy Dually Duramax, 1 Dodge Hemi 4x4, a couple of 4x4 F150s, and a Z71 Avalanche. I am now driving a 2013 4x4 Tacoma and it is by far my favorite truck I have ever owned. It won't pull like my old diesel trucks, but it goes everywhere, even places I don't want to go.

I know the Tacoma's are loved. I had a great experience with the Nissan Xterra I had a few years ago and never had an issue with it either. I am only trading my Ram in because the garage and drive way at the new house I'm buying is too small to part the truck in so I'm downsizing. I like parking my vehicles inside because I feel they last longer and are less likely to be broken into because they aren't outside. Anyway, it's ultimately gonna come down to who offers me the best deal because I don't really want my payments to go up.

Thought I was the only one with this sort of problem. I' ve had at least 7, 7.3 powerstrokes, 1 duramax dually, 1 2500 dodge 4x4 and who knows how many others.. my only issue with a yota is, I'm 6'1" @245lbs, I don't fit very well!!!

Back
Top Bottom