Anyone here have a Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD?

Thought I was the only one with this sort of problem. I' ve had at least 7, 7.3 powerstrokes, 1 duramax dually, 1 2500 dodge 4x4 and who knows how many others.. my only issue with a yota is, I'm 6'1" @245lbs, I don't fit very well!!!

I weigh about the same but I'm a only 5'8". A full size truck is really more than I need. I don't tow anything and I don't really use the bed unless I'm putting deer in the back (main reason why I want a truck). I do want 4wd so the few times we get snow I can still go hunting. Also, trucks are handy when transporting dirty stuff for yard work and ect... I just want something that will last a long time and not require a lot of upkeep.

Thought I was the only one with this sort of problem. I' ve had at least 7, 7.3 powerstrokes, 1 duramax dually, 1 2500 dodge 4x4 and who knows how many others.. my only issue with a yota is, I'm 6'1" @245lbs, I don't fit very well!!!

Next time you see me get in mine. Every car I have ever owned I push the seat all the way to the rear. The tacoma is the first vehicle I have ever owned that if I do that I can't reach the pedals. The leg room in this thing is insane.

i have a 96 Tacoma 4wd. im nearing 200,000 miles on it with only normal wer and tear sort of repairs over the years. It'll probably see 300,000 before i think about passing it along.

I had an 03 v6 4wd Trd taco with all the options and manual gearbox. Aside from needing more power I loved it. The newer stuff is nice and roomier for sure.

image.jpg
I have a 2014 Taco 4x4 TRD Off Road, it does come with a back up camera, locking rear differential, the audio is pretty good with a touch screen and XM radio, no leather but who needs leather!!

Last edited:
I weigh about the same but I'm a only 5'8". A full size truck is really more than I need. I don't tow anything and I don't really use the bed unless I'm putting deer in the back (main reason why I want a truck). I do want 4wd so the few times we get snow I can still go hunting. Also, trucks are handy when transporting dirty stuff for yard work and ect... I just want something that will last a long time and not require a lot of upkeep.

I know I may get blasted for this. But you can get a nice 5.3 Silverado or F-150 for much less than a TRD 4x4. Silverado after rebates and discount can be almost 10K off for a 2014 right now. About the same fuel economy, but more towing capacity, more room inside (if you get a full 4 door), and the ergonomics of the bed are pretty sweet.

Just a thought. Our company bought a new 4 door SXT with nice alloys for $29,900 (2 wheel drive, but the 4x4 was about $3k more). No way you will get a new TRD 4X4 for that.

Flip side would be resale value. The Tacomas do keep their value very well!

Back
Top Bottom