Anyone here have a Toyota Tacoma 4wd TRD?

Just sold my 01 sr5 v6 tacoma ext cab, awesome truck!, bought it for 7K and ran the miles up to 250K and still sold it for 8K. They hold their value just sayin.

Had 2004 TRD tacoma bought new. 165,000 miles everything original no issues. Lost to a rollover during ice storm. Replaced with 2004 Tundra 4x4 bought used with 75000 miles. now have put 20000 miles on it and lovin it.

I bought the only bad Toyota Tocama that me and the dealer ever heard of. V6 has a common problem with spark Knock unless you run premium fuel and was told nothing could be done because it had a truck motor in it. ????? is that what was supposed to be in it. Also brakes squealed from day 1 and new pads and rotors never fixed that. Big problem was oil pressure. Sometimes when first cranked would take 8 to 12 minutes and a lot of noise before it would pick up pressure. Left with dealer for 1 week and rented car and was told "can not duplicate problem. Drove in shop on another with engine oil light on and engine noise. Rented car from dealer and had message on home phone my truck was ready when I arrived home. They wore me out and I was scared to leave town in it so traded back to my old tried and true. Have since heard from the poor new owner and has a new short block and then 1 new cylinder assembly 2 weeks later.

I'm holding out hope for when the 2015 Colorado comes out with the diesel option. Hopefully it will do well enough for toyota to take notice and send some almost hiluxs' our way.
Hopefully Toyota will redesign the truck for 2016 since its pretty much the same since 2005. Of all the trucks I've owned, I miss the Taco the most!

My Tacoma climbed the atv trail that runs up the berm between the 200 and 300 yard target back boards at the range this weekend. It is a very narrow trail and really makes your suspension work. Only other vehicle besides ATVs I have ever seen climb it was a Land Rover. Needless to say I am very happy to not have to lug 50 lb steel plates up that 100 yard hill anymore.

Back
Top Bottom