• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone feeling the need to put up food more the usual?

I’m good for a year feasting or 3 just eat’n good.
Same here. We have probably a year or more of just normal eating. If we rationed, an easy 3 years.

Water is the biggest thing. I have been thinking of a way to put a couple of 110 gal water jugs out back. Im just not up on the ways to keep it potable. I know you want to purify as you drink but you dont want it just sitting collecting algae.

Anyone got any research tips ? Places to look ?

Same here. We have probably a year or more of just normal eating. If we rationed, an easy 3 years.

Water is the biggest thing. I have been thinking of a way to put a couple of 110 gal water jugs out back. Im just not up on the ways to keep it potable. I know you want to purify as you drink but you dont want it just sitting collecting algae.

I have well and pump. If not then pond and boil or life straws.

Food and water are most important, but don’t forget to stock up on your prescription meds If your docs will prescribe extended amounts.
Also, keep the vehicles gas tanks topped off. (I have done this since the gas crises of the ‘70s. It paid off when the pipeline fire caused a crunch a few years back).
And it’s time for me to flush and fill the spare 5 gallon cans, test run the generator and swap out empty propane cylinders.
Last on my list, keep some extra cash on hand. As some of the traders on here say,
‘Cash is King’

8 drops of Clorox to a gallon of water. 75,708 drops in a gallon.
One gallon of Clorox makes a lot of drinkable water!

I’d reckon putting some drops in now and then would keep it good to go......

8 drops of Clorox to a gallon of water. 75,708 drops in a gallon.
One gallon of Clorox makes a lot of drinkable water!

I’d reckon putting some drops in now and then would keep it good to go......
Yeah i was thinking chlorine but that seems sufficient. I am sure there are good formulas like that one i need to write down.
Thats another thing people are going to wish they had..... a few good old fashion books when the net goes away, lol.

Back
Top Bottom