• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anyone feeling the need to put up food more the usual?

I am organizing and dating stock right now trying to make it easier to rotate out as needed. Plus if ever needed it will obviously be easier to eat from oldest to newest.

i do this as I buy it...although I’m an idiot and right now it’s saved on my iPhone...need to put it on paper, just haven’t yet

I have a cool old paper notebook with all my dad’s old stuff he wrote down. Formulas for making diff things like degreaser and cleaners , etc., A lot of cool old stuff in there . Must be 50yrs old if its a day !

I bought up some old Foxfire books a few years back that detail how to live with what you have available.

Anyone suggestions on a good vacuum sealer?
We got the Food Saver Commercial.
Which ever one you buy....get the Heavy Duty/commercial/etc., model of it . It will make a diff later.
Get one with a canning attachment. It allows you to suck all the air out of qt mason jars using the same caps and lids that come with them.

P

Get the rain barrel collection systems- Home Depot. Then keep about a cup of bleach in each.

Run your water through a Big Berky filter before using it to drink or cook.

Also, waterbob is a good way to save 100 gallons of water.

We have been using an AlexaPure. The nice thing is their filters integrally filter fluoride and arsenic, rather than requiring additional filters every six months.

Back
Top Bottom