• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody pocket carry daily ? What gun and why ?

S&W 642 - the lines disappear when it prints in pockets due to its sweeping shape. Also pocket lint and crud that builds up in pocket guns has caused failures for me in the past with semi auto 380 guns. Anyone who pocket carries should occassionally draw it at a range session as it’s been carried and see how things go.

It is not my primary carry, but the gun I throw in my pocket for store runs, etc is my S&W 638.

I am intrigued by the new LCP Max, for its size and capacity. It has double the capacity of my 638. Too bad it is .380, which is difficult to find and way too expensive when it is found.

I have a Seacamp and a P32 I switch out
I sold my Seecamp after I had enough rounds through my P32 to make sure it’s reliable.
Lighter, thinner, 10 rd mag available. Won’t cry if it gets dropped or lost. It’s my ‘always’ gun.
Even when I’m carrying something else.

I sold my Seecamp after I had enough rounds through my P32 to make sure it’s reliable.
Lighter, thinner, 10 rd mag available. Won’t cry if it gets dropped or lost. It’s my ‘always’ gun.
Even when I’m carrying something else.
The seacamp is the gun that got me interested in micro pistols. I never owned one but it convinced me to buy a P32. The P32 I had was like a teenaged boy it would eat anything. I pocket carried it some but had the spring clip that I cut down and would tuck behind my belt. The P32 was my first all the time gun.

One thing to consider in a pocket gun is the center of balance or center of gravity of the gun, or the gun/holster combination (consider it as "a system" to borrow a term from the world of physics.)

A small automatic pistol will have a center of gravity closer to the backstrap because of the weight of all that ammo carried in its grip. But a revolver's center of gravity is a little more forward because the weight of the ammo is centered in the cylinder.

This means when you put a revolver in your pocket it's more likely to stay muzzle down. If you put a small semi auto with a light weight frame and thin steel slide, loaded with ammo in its grip frame, in your pocket (even in a pocket holster) the whole system will be unbalanced and it could want to shift sideways or even upside down as you move around.

I notice this when I compare how my KelTec P3AT behaves in my pocket versus my Smith & Wesson 637.

I have pocket carried my wife’s Ruger LCP II a few times when there was no way to carry something bigger on my hip. It works in a pinch, but it’s too small for my hands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everyday I have a NAA 22 magnum 5 shot revolver in my pocket beside my wallet. If we're out to eat or in town or whatever I'll have either a LCP or Bodyguard in my back pocket. But no matter what I have my 22 magnum with me.

As I said a year ago, my pocket sized automatic wears a red laser unit, which compensates for the lack of decent iron sights.

But red lasers in the normal power range (5 mw or whatever limits the feds put on such products) are not useful in the daylight. And, again, my Kel-Tec P3AT has "sights" that are a pathetic joke. I don't know if you can even call them sights.
So, I can't shoot it well, quickly, in good lighting conditions, especially at an outdoor range on a sunny day.

NOW I SEE A GREEN LASER IS AVAILABLE, and AFFORDABLE, for this model of gun,
from the same company that made my red laser: Armalaser.

1669041406407.png

ARMALASER model TR1-G
and it's on Amazon.com right now for $148.

If I didn't already own the red one, I'd surely buy this green one.

Back
Top Bottom