• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Anybody made pressure cooker liquor?

Since I'm adhering to the fine Southern tradition of being poor and sticking it to the man every chance I get I am now studying recipes for making liquor in my wife's pressure cooker( that she's scared to use.) So with that in mind I guess I shouldn't ask if any of y'all have done it before. But I will ask for your opinions, technical input and recipes just for educational purposes. So... what works best?

Start the video around the 2:00 mark to see where he actually starts the pressure cooker part.

There is one website that has all the answers. A little digging is required to find it but its worth it.

I will say that everyone recommends reading all you can about the subject before attempting to craft some drink. The answer to any and all questions are answered here if you spend the time digging.

The words "pressure cooker" makes these fellows cringe so I would avoid it, good luck!

Disclaimer... I do not actively engage in committing a felony, as it is illegal to distill spirits for human consumption in any amount, anywhere in the world except New Zealand. The only exception is with a fuel permit and high test fuel will burn the sensitive tissues in your mouth if you taste it.

Deleted link, google search homedistillers.org

Start the video around the 2:00 mark to see where he actually starts the pressure cooker part.

Pretty sure I bought a gun from that fella at the ATL EXPO show.

And, I was right there with him on this video....right up until he stuck his booger hook in the mouth of the bottle and commenced to shakin'

Nah.gif

I was under the impression from the TV show "moonshiners" that the first "shine" to come off in each batch was methanol and poisonous.
It's my understanding that methanol has a lower boiling point than water or ethanol (the drinkable part) so they always throw away the "Heads" the first stuff that comes off so that nobody gets sick or dies.

The fella in the you tube video didn't say anything about it and I didn't see him throw away one drop,
I also know from watching my Momma as a kid that improper use of a pressure cooker can be dangerous as all get out. Pretty sure due to chemical reactions stills are supposed to be copper or stainless.

I sure as hell aint no expert, or even an amateur and I've never made any, though I do find the heritage and the process an interesting subject.
I'd sure hate to see someone follow some dumbass on youtube to a potentially harmful experience or an early grave.
I hardly even drink beer anymore but I do know that store bought liquor that's approved for human consumption is safe when used properly in moderation and most of it aint that expensive.

Back
Top Bottom