• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody know how to make Cuban coffee ?

Cafe Bustelo is close to it and you can buy it at Publix

1678073175071.png

My first wife was WAY more Puerto Rican than she wanted to admit. " I'm Italian..." But Italians don't speak perfect Spanish. All I know or remember from the mid 90s was that my VERY Rican mother in law would take coffee from the pot and put it in a sauce pan on the stove with some whole milk and I believe she let it come to a boil. But I feel like I missed a step in the process. So I guess I'm trying to make Cafe Leche or something like that.
So do any of y'all have Cuban/Rican ol ladies that know the magic recipe for this good ass coffee that makes your hair stand on ends ?
About 1/2 cup a sugar or more until your heart starte going into Bigeminy.

I started doing that as well. Don Pablo whole bean from Costco. I believe buying whole beans and grinding them fresh each morning results in a much better tasting cup of coffee than buying ground coffee.
Same in our house, We love that coffee Don Pablo! Also the story behind it, is very interesting, search on YouTube, you will see.

Nice to see there are a good bunch of coffee snobs on ODT :) Ive been roasting for about five years, no expert but it keeps me in the know. Fresh roast, fresh grind is the way no matter what extraction methods you employ.
Im with you. I've wore out 2 whirly pop pots roasting my own. Now on the 3rd one but its a 'stovepop VKB'.
And fresh is really nice. Even the method i use camping. Put it in a pot bring to a boil sprinkle cool water on top to settle grounds and enjoy! I think ill go pour me another cup....

No but I used to work with a guy that was half Cuban, and he always swore by Cafe Bustelo as being the most authentic to what they drank there. Never heard of this cafe leche but it sounds good...

Back
Top Bottom