• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Anybody know how to make Cuban coffee ?

My wife is Puertorican, BUT she drinks "Expresso" pure, strong and black, no sweetening, much less NO SUGAR. And if she uses the expresso machine, you have to press the coffee down into the place, so it has that strong foaming "macho" coffee: looks, smell and taste!

Can't help you with Cuban or Puerto Rician coffee, but I remember a percolator being left on the wood stove on low for most of the day and can imagine it would be about as strong :D
Oh Man, what you said makes me remember my dear and lovely Mother. That's what she used to do, when we were kids!

I can only drink plain black coffee. Started when I was 21 and the shop I worked in had a 50 cup coffee maker in a metal cabinet in the back. People lined up single file waiting so you best not hold them up. I felt if I took time adding all the fufu to it, I’d get my butt kicked for holding up the line. So black it’s been my whole adult life.

The Cubans I worked with in Hialeah got me drinking it the way they drink it.

cubanshot.jpg

I traveled to Puerto Rico a few times, and the locals got me drinking café con leche.
https://www.talkaboutcoffee.com/how-to-make-puerto-rican-coffee.html

What she said

We buy our coffee at Costco, in beans and then we gride it. The taste is totally different!!!
I started doing that as well. Don Pablo whole bean from Costco. I believe buying whole beans and grinding them fresh each morning results in a much better tasting cup of coffee than buying ground coffee.

Back
Top Bottom