• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

anybody fish the etowah, coosa, oostanaula near rome?

Found a sweet honey hole last weekend while putting up the river on a family boat ride. Got back to it yesterday with rod and tackle in hand. Managed to pull 9 cats and a white bass out in a period of about an hour. They were literally everywhere. Had an aliigator gar swimming circles around my boat on the surface the whole time. Not sure what he was after as he showed no interest in anything i offered him, not even the small catfish i was throwing back. It was pretty cool.

Found a sweet honey hole last weekend while putting up the river on a family boat ride. Got back to it yesterday with rod and tackle in hand. Managed to pull 9 cats and a white bass out in a period of about an hour. They were literally everywhere. Had an aliigator gar swimming circles around my boat on the surface the whole time. Not sure what he was after as he showed no interest in anything i offered him, not even the small catfish i was throwing back. It was pretty cool.

They will hit a broken rapala. Could be he has developed a taste for human fingers and toes though. Try that next time;-)

Sounds like you got it figured out. I think your boat is fine but at some point in time if you run those rivers long enough you are bound to hit something. Alot of people run jet rigs up the rivers but I think your rig is fine. Just carry an extra prop and be careful in unfamiliar waters. I 'm sure you know this but when ever it floods the rivers change there will be new logs where there wasn't and others will be gone that was there before so be careful after any floods.

I sure wish it would rain. I can't launch in any of them right now. I tried launching into the Coosa downtown on Wednesday and the water was between 1-3 feet in the channel. I was bumping the bottom with my skeg every few feet. Guess I will have to stick to lock and dam and below until we get some moisture up here.

I sure wish it would rain. I can't launch in any of them right now. I tried launching into the Coosa downtown on Wednesday and the water was between 1-3 feet in the channel. I was bumping the bottom with my skeg every few feet. Guess I will have to stick to lock and dam and below until we get some moisture up here.

Been to brushy any lately?

i aint been in like 2 months. i was hoping you had so i could know how bad the water was down before i drove over there. Been to rocky MTN any?

i aint been in like 2 months. i was hoping you had so i could know how bad the water was down before i drove over there. Been to rocky MTN any?

I imagine as long as you stick to the channel brushy will be doable. I wouldn't venture out of the channel though. I doubt it is as forgiving as normal.

Was going to head to Rocky Mtn next week. I have been hearing good things. These 100 degree days though, I don't know.

Tried Carters Lake 2 weeks ago. All day and only 1 Cat. Caught him down about 60 feet in the colder water.

Good thing about my medical condition is I have nothing but time to fish.

Bad thing is, Docs don't want me in the boat by myself, so I need to find me a fishing buddy.

I imagine as long as you stick to the channel brushy will be doable. I wouldn't venture out of the channel though. I doubt it is as forgiving as normal.

Was going to head to Rocky Mtn next week. I have been hearing good things. These 100 degree days though, I don't know.

Tried Carters Lake 2 weeks ago. All day and only 1 Cat. Caught him down about 60 feet in the colder water.

I go to carters 5 days a week lol. I been wanting to get back to rocky for a while. May ride up next monday or sunday

Back
Top Bottom