• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any one know a good method for cleaning a sealed 9mm suppressor?

I do shoot the can wet. I only use water. Should I just quit being so OCD about it and just shoot it dirty until I get it jailbroken in the future?

Why are you so worried about cleaning it? 9mm does not lead up a silencer like .22 does. I've had my sealed .22 silencer for 3 years and shot well over 20,000 rounds. There is no difference in sound between it and my serviceable .22 Sparrow.. Just shoot the damn thing.

Why are you so worried about cleaning it? 9mm does not lead up a silencer like .22 does. I've had my sealed .22 silencer for 3 years and shot well over 20,000 rounds. There is no difference in sound between it and my serviceable .22 Sparrow.. Just shoot the damn thing.

I dunno :lol: I've never owned a 9mm suppressor. Thank you for the no bs straight to the point answer. I'll just shoot the Damn thing :)

I've heard it takes a rediculously long time till there are any real decibel effects. Once there are effects get it jail broken for fun. Dude you need a 9mm carbine for this.

Maybe blow out a mag or two of supersonic out of it to heat it up and burn up debris.

I shot 2 boxes of 115 grain federal the other day. Once my ar lower comes in I plan to build a 9mm ar.

I dunno :lol: I've never owned a 9mm suppressor. Thank you for the no bs straight to the point answer. I'll just shoot the Damn thing :)

The problem with take apart cans is that you have to take them apart and clean otherwise they get sealed up pretty damn tight with fouling, lead etc over time. This is why the Sparrow is such an ingenious design. The half shells keep the core contained from the tube and threads so you can put 5,000 rounds through it and it's just as easy to take apart if you put 500 rounds through it. Other designs require the use of a "pusher tool" to free the core from the tube and the longer you go in between cleanings the more of the pain in the ass it is to break the core free.

So if/when you jailbrake your 9mm you're going to have to clean it every 500 rounds or less otherwise you'll have one hell of a time trying to get it apart. And cleaning it has no value other than it looking pretty.

The problem with take apart cans is that you have to take them apart and clean otherwise they get sealed up pretty damn tight with fouling, lead etc over time. This is why the Sparrow is such an ingenious design. The half shells keep the core contained from the tube and threads so you can put 5,000 rounds through it and it's just as easy to take apart if you put 500 rounds through it. Other designs require the use of a "pusher tool" to free the core from the tube and the longer you go in between cleanings the more of the pain in the ass it is to break the core free.

So if/when you jailbrake your 9mm you're going to have to clean it every 500 rounds or less otherwise you'll have one hell of a time trying to get it apart. And cleaning it has no value other than it looking pretty.

Pretty much true except for cast lead shooters. I chose the Osprey because its got enough volume to not need cleaning for a very long time and when it does need it Silencerco will take it back and clean it. Not trying to be a smartass, but does AAC have a cleaning service for cebterfire pistol cans?

So in your educated opinion should I just scrap the whole idea of jailbreaking? Or should I use it til I get 20,000 rounds down the pipe then jailbreak it once it's good and dirty?

So in your educated opinion should I just scrap the whole idea of jailbreaking? Or should I use it til I get 20,000 rounds down the pipe then jailbreak it once it's good and dirty?

I think you'll be pressed to find a need to jailbreak it, but if you want to drop db's in the future SRI can recore it as well while they clean/jailbreak it.

They have a specific recore for your model that is quieter.

Shoot the hell out of it, don't worry about round count use it for years and years. Soak it in some CLP or Kroil from time to time and relax.

Yes it's an Eco 9 but it's the cqb, the smaller one. I don't wanna use anything that will eat the anodizing so vinegar will be a no go. What is this simple green you speak of? Sorry i don't clean much haha. I only clean my guns and I use hoppes.

http://www.simplegreen.com/products_all_purpose_cleaner.php

i know several jewelers who use this stuff in their ultrasonic machines so its safe on gold/silver. its about as inert as you can get, soak it, blow it out, rinse and repeat.

Shoot the hell out of it, don't worry about round count use it for years and years. Soak it in some CLP or Kroil from time to time and relax.

I'll do that! Thanks for the info!

- - - Updated - - -

I think you'll be pressed to find a need to jailbreak it, but if you want to drop db's in the future SRI can recore it as well while they clean/jailbreak it.

They have a specific recore for your model that is quieter.

He is still working on it, I talked to him already. As soon as he has some video he is going to email it to me.

Back
Top Bottom