• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any one know a good method for cleaning a sealed 9mm suppressor?

I watched a video on AAC's website. The person there said to soak it in CLP and then blow it out with compressed air. Anybody use CLP? I would guess it would be safe to use on anodized aluminum but I'm not trying to guess. I'd like to know.

Wish I had experience with CLP and anodized aluminum, but I don't. I do use CLP and it is a great cleaner, especially when you soak over time. Be sure to shake well before using. I can't imagine it would mess up the finish, but I am guessing at this point.

Hopefully someone with experience can chime in.

I think cleaning it isn't that hard but getting it cleaned out on the inside and drying it completely through out would be the number one problem. No matter what the solvent solution you use, you gotta make sure it's all taken out and dried good cause if not, you don't know what it could build up in there.

I think cleaning it isn't that hard but getting it cleaned out on the inside and drying it completely through out would be the number one problem. No matter what the solvent solution you use, you gotta make sure it's all taken out and dried good cause if not, you don't know what it could build up in there.

The AAC guy said after you blow out most of the clp you use mineral spirits to get the rest out and then blow it out after.

guess you have an eco-9? the best thing i have found so far is vinegar BUT it will eat the anodizing and pit aluminum. titanium and stainless only. i would also advise against jailbreaking. AAC takes care of their products after the sale and you will void the warranty this way. compressed air and CLP should work eventually, maybe soaking in a tub of simple green or any carbon remover than is aluminum safe and just blow it out. dirty cans are happy cans BTW

guess you have an eco-9? the best thing i have found so far is vinegar BUT it will eat the anodizing and pit aluminum. titanium and stainless only. i would also advise against jailbreaking. AAC takes care of their products after the sale and you will void the warranty this way. compressed air and CLP should work eventually, maybe soaking in a tub of simple green or any carbon remover than is aluminum safe and just blow it out. dirty cans are happy cans BTW

Yes it's an Eco 9 but it's the cqb, the smaller one. I don't wanna use anything that will eat the anodizing so vinegar will be a no go. What is this simple green you speak of? Sorry i don't clean much haha. I only clean my guns and I use hoppes.

Sri really suggests against putting liquid cleaners as the moisture can clump buildup which eventually bakes on. Unless your shooting cast 9mm its going to be a very long time until cleaning is necessary.

Sri really suggests against putting liquid cleaners as the moisture can clump buildup which eventually bakes on. Unless your shooting cast 9mm its going to be a very long time until cleaning is necessary.

I do shoot the can wet. I only use water. Should I just quit being so OCD about it and just shoot it dirty until I get it jailbroken in the future?

I do shoot the can wet. I only use water. Should I just quit being so OCD about it and just shoot it dirty until I get it jailbroken in the future?

I've heard it takes a rediculously long time till there are any real decibel effects. Once there are effects get it jail broken for fun. Dude you need a 9mm carbine for this.

Maybe blow out a mag or two of supersonic out of it to heat it up and burn up debris.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom