• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any one know a good method for cleaning a sealed 9mm suppressor?

Don't freak out after you soak it in CLP or Kroil and shoot it, it's gonna smoke like hell for the first 30 or 40 rounds till the residue is burned off. Also wire pulling gel works better and stays longer in the can than water. You can buy it at Home Depot

www.terryriedel.com_images_wirepulling.jpg

Don't freak out after you soak it in CLP or Kroil and shoot it, it's gonna smoke like hell for the first 30 or 40 rounds till the residue is burned off. Also wire pulling gel works better and stays longer in the can than water. You can buy it at Home Depot

You know I was going to buy that exact stuff! Had it in my hand at home depot. Some folks were saying it leaves residue and could cause baffle strikes. Any truth to that? Sorry for all the dumb questions but you seem to know your stuff .

Also how do you apply that stuff?

You know I was going to buy that exact stuff! Had it in my hand at home depot. Some folks were saying it leaves residue and could cause baffle strikes. Any truth to that? Sorry for all the dumb questions but you seem to know your stuff .

Also how do you apply that stuff?

SilencerCo uses it in their videos, I've never heard of anyone experiencing baffle strikes with it. To apply take silencer and squirt it inside just a little goes a long way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Glad it works in cans cause it aint worth a damn for pullin wire.

I had a room-mate with a Rem Nylon 66 that he had shot thousands of rounds of .22LR through to the point that the receiver had
about a cup-full of powder residue. Neither of us wanted to disassemble the aluminum receiver (too much of a chance to ruin the finish).
So, we removed the nylon stock and soaked it in a bucket of kerosene overnight after sloshing it around a bit.
The next morning we rinsed it out with more kerosene, air-dried it, and found it completely clean. A few drops of oil in the right places and it shot like a new one!
No damage to finsh or internal parts. I even let the kerosene sit and let the debris settle for a couple of days, drained off the clear stuff and used it to clean-up some paint brushes later. This is how I knew ho much debris was actually in the rifle ... amazing that it could function at all!

Back
Top Bottom