• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any one know a good method for cleaning a sealed 9mm suppressor?

sovietak474u

Default rank 5000+ posts
My honor is loyalty
380   0
Reaction score
Does anybody know a good method for cleaning a sealed 9mm suppressor? The suppressor is made of aluminum so I want to make sure no damage will be done to the suppressor. It's not extremely dirty at the moment but I'd like some info about this. Thanks in advance.

P.s I planned to have it jail broken but at the moment I'm not ready to wait the 8-10 weeks for it to be done.

I haven't found a good way either. Thanks for posting this thread. This jail broken thing. Who does it?

Maxima Cleanup might help. It's real tough stuff, can be sprayed on/in and water rinsed. It's for nasty grime and grease and works with very little, if any scrubbing. It's a motorcycle product for chains, cases etc. Stuff is good, only thing I use for my grime needs on a bike. I used to use Gunk SC. Mix with kerosene and brush or scrub. Won't fade paint or cause rust and is water soluble, rinses clean with water.

Maxima Cleanup might help. It's real tough stuff, can be sprayed on/in and water rinsed. It's for nasty grime and grease and works with very little, if any scrubbing. It's a motorcycle product for chains, cases etc. Stuff is good, only thing I use for my grime needs on a bike. I used to use Gunk SC. Mix with kerosene and brush or scrub. Won't fade paint or cause rust and is water soluble, rinses clean with water.

So it would be safe to use in anodized aluminum? Also how well does it work? Do I need to let it soak?

Anodizing is a hardcoat. Should be. I used it on my bike and it got on the rims and swing arm. I've never had any problems with it, but it is a hd cleaner. I wouldn't let it sit for an hour. I would let it soak on my chain for about 5min and rinsed with water. Considering how sticky the chain lube I use is, it's plenty strong to use, rinse and use again and rinse rather than one heavy application and sitting a long period.
Speed Triple.jpg
24538_389293441883_508141883_4539922_2905413_n.jpg
Jennings GP.jpg

Back
Top Bottom