• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of ya'lls kids need a trade?

**** no. Unless your living with parents or in a slum thats living hand to mouth. I can make like 45k a year as a driver for chick fil a
His post said he's looking for kids to start learning the trade though, not experienced electricians to start at that pay. I don't know any kids getting $45k a year to drive for CFA... But I know a lot of seasoned electricians that make nice money.

Looks like I came along at the wrong time. I mean I started out at minimum wage and worked my way up. I was thankful for a job. I worked hard and I was broke. I continued and worked my way up. Heck apparently now I can go work as a cashier at a fast food restaurant and make my pay on paper. Thankfully I get salary plus bonus. I would have been ecstatic to learn a trade and get paid 2+x minimum wage to start off.

Looks like I came along at the wrong time. I mean I started out at minimum wage and worked my way up. I was thankful for a job. I worked hard and I was broke. I continued and worked my way up. Heck apparently now I can go work as a cashier at a fast food restaurant and make my pay on paper. Thankfully I get salary plus bonus. I would have been ecstatic to learn a trade and get paid 2+x minimum wage to start off.
Same. The idea of working your way up is gone with today's generation. They all expect $20+ an hour to start no matter what the job is. The idea that sure you can go work some job at a fast food joint for $15 an hour so why would I want to start a trade job that's harder. They don't see the big picture that the skills they learn in the trades will be far more useful down the road and will earn them a lot more money as well. It's all about what can I make right now. Not to mention getting in to a good trade and company means good money down the road, benefits, retirement, etc. They sky is the limit if you want to work hard.

Same. The idea of working your way up is gone with today's generation. They all expect $20+ an hour to start no matter what the job is. The idea that sure you can go work some job at a fast food joint for $15 an hour so why would I want to start a trade job that's harder. They don't see the big picture that the skills they learn in the trades will be far more useful down the road and will earn them a lot more money as well. It's all about what can I make right now. Not to mention getting in to a good trade and company means good money down the road, benefits, retirement, etc. They sky is the limit if you want to work hard.
I wish I had learned a trade or gotten a degree. I can only imagine where I would be. Then again if I had done anything else I wouldnt be where I am today.

Back
Top Bottom