• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of ya'lls kids need a trade?

It is really interesting to see and hear what is going on in the skilled trades arena like electrical , HVAC , commercial painting , sheet metal etc. Seems like being self employed with one truck and a professional license brings home more money from 1 job than working 40 hours on an hourly wage for someone else.
Once you get your license I think you can find enough work to keep you busy and lucrative if you can keep your nose clean and manage your business.

Once you get your license I think you can find enough work to keep you busy and lucrative if you can keep your nose clean and manage your business.
Never wanted my license, I'm happy being my bosses right hand man.Never liked side work either....just a fair wage with no headaches. But it's all there if you want it.

People want a paycheck…they don’t want a career
raf,750x1000,075,t,33281f:5b604c86ce.jpg

Never wanted my license, I'm happy being my bosses right hand man.Never liked side work either....just a fair wage with no headaches. But it's all there if you want it.
I would guess if you have been with the same man for 30+ years he takes care of you there is a lot to be said for that. Making a living and not having to do the rest is worth a lot often times. Side work rarely pays what its worth. Most folks wanting side work don't want you because of your skill or to help you out but because they think you are cheap.

I would guess if you have been with the same man for 30+ years he takes care of you. Making a living and not having to do the rest is worth a lot often times. Side work rarely pays what its worth. Most folks wanting side work don't want you because of your skill or to help you out but because they think you are cheap.
Among treating me well, he is a good friend. During the winter blizzard that shut down all of the highways, he drove all the way down to savannah to get me a generator because none were available in atlanta...kind of friend.

Among treating me well, he is a good friend. During the winter blizzard that shut down all of the highways, he drove all the way down to savannah to get me a generator because none were available in atlanta...kind of friend.
Thats pretty cool. Ive worked for the same guy off and on since 94 I understand. We arent as close as we once were but I know without a doubt I could call him and he would help if in his power. Of course if I had the balls and a dream I would start my own gig but I prefer the safety of being an employee

Back
Top Bottom