• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Any of ya'lls kids need a trade?

C-MlG7NUAAAbqE5.jpg

I know a guy in his early 30's who "should" take this career path.

Not sure if he'd survive long enough to be a net asset to the company.... he tends to be very forgetful, especially when it comes to safety related instructions or following a certain procedure, rather than just winging it.

AE28A3ED-4CE8-4EF0-BD07-51C55B9C3092.jpeg

I know a guy in his early 30's who "should" take this career path.

Not sure if he'd survive long enough to be a net asset to the company.... he tends to be very forgetful, especially when it comes to safety related instructions or following a certain procedure, rather than just winging it.

View attachment 5925802
That could be dangerous in this line of work.

Been with my boss around 30 years, great guy to work with. Looking for yuts in the area that would like to learn the commercial electrical trade.
A hell of a lot better career than real estate appraising.....BUT there always seems to be some idiot that wants to become one....looking at the field today....electrical would, in the long run, be a much better career move!!!

We start green helpers at around seventeen, which you could make at any quick trip working in the a/c....so hard to get people interested. Sad really.
What's crazy is people don't look at the big picture, sure the quick trip pays that but it's not a career path. If I were young and 17 again I'd be all over this opportunity.

It is really interesting to see and hear what is going on in the skilled trades arena like electrical , HVAC , commercial painting , sheet metal etc. Seems like being self employed with one truck and a professional license brings home more money from 1 job than working 40 hours on an hourly wage for someone else.

Back
Top Bottom