• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

any body doing any trout fishing

can you put a kayak or anything in the lake? if my mind serves me right its a pretty big lake right? gonna have to bring the kayak next time I go up there if you can lol.

fishing with Blue back herring in that lake? how big are the dang trout back there???? haha, but I have no clue man. from what I know you can use any live bait up there, so I don't see it as a problem. I would probably give em a call up there and make sure though.
The ones that bite blue backs are the ones that are worth catching. Burton is much closer for me. Rock Creek is a place I have years of memories at and enjoy going back to see it time to time. I need a kayak. It would be perfect for fishing out of at that lake

I fish out of a one man pontoon when I fish Rock Creek Lake. I'm not sure about the live bait as I only fly fish up there. That lake gets warm in the dead of summer and most of the trout die or are caught out of it but there are a few hold over fish that survive the warm summers and get to be a half way decent size. The down side is that I only hear of people catching them once in a blue moon. Sometimes they will stock some brood fish too though and those are giants but I haven't seen them at the lake.

I fish out of a one man pontoon when I fish Rock Creek Lake. I'm not sure about the live bait as I only fly fish up there. That lake gets warm in the dead of summer and most of the trout die or are caught out of it but there are a few hold over fish that survive the warm summers and get to be a half way decent size. The down side is that I only hear of people catching them once in a blue moon. Sometimes they will stock some brood fish too though and those are giants but I haven't seen them at the lake.

oh nice, but sounds like its to late in the year for any good fishing out of there? I might have to head up there sometime this week, ive been craving a good trout supper and would love a few decent ones for the grill. I can either spend my extra cash on a tank of gas getting up there and back, or get my flyrod back in working order for another trip up to the Chatooga....hmmm what to do, what to do....

ive seen 2 of those giants they stock in there. one was the 1st pool right below the hatchery (the one right after the bridge). followed my bait up and saw him then he disappeared back down...I believe I ended up fishing that whole the rest of the day haha!!! the other was at coopers below the campground in one of the big pools, same thing where he followed my bait up and then went back down as soon as I saw him. fished that hole awhile also lol!!

oh nice, but sounds like its to late in the year for any good fishing out of there? I might have to head up there sometime this week, ive been craving a good trout supper and would love a few decent ones for the grill. I can either spend my extra cash on a tank of gas getting up there and back, or get my flyrod back in working order for another trip up to the Chatooga....hmmm what to do, what to do....

ive seen 2 of those giants they stock in there. one was the 1st pool right below the hatchery (the one right after the bridge). followed my bait up and saw him then he disappeared back down...I believe I ended up fishing that whole the rest of the day haha!!! the other was at coopers below the campground in one of the big pools, same thing where he followed my bait up and then went back down as soon as I saw him. fished that hole awhile also lol!!
Too bad we aren't all millionaires lol

Back
Top Bottom