• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

any body doing any trout fishing

swampbuck62

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
10   0
Reaction score
I have not been to any of the open areas yet, I like to go off Barnwell Rd, and catch the stockers and a few hold over browns but have not been yet.. The creek up near pine log is good to if the locals don't seine it out in the middle of the night..lol

I've been fishing a ton lately. The spring is my busiest time of the year for guiding so I've been just about every weekend on both private and public water. The fishing has been very very good. For trout I'm fly fish only but that's just me. Last weekend I was on the hooch for a half day by the dam and put about 60 fish in the net.

I went for the first time this year last Friday. I took my son to a place that my dad and I fished 30 years ago. It's the first time I've been there in at least 20 years. I only caught one rainbow, about 13". It was oddly slender looking, but I was happy to see it was fleshy and not opaque white like the fresh stockers. Somehow it survived opening weekend and waited for me.

I grilled it and ate it before dinner.

Trout fishing for me has become a thing of quality over quantity. I don't mind hiking a couple miles to get to the places no one else has gone to for some time. In those cases, one or two is enough.

Ever go up to Smithgall woods? The place is loaded with trout but I think you need to reservation .

Smithgall is a fun place to fish but there are specific regulations and days that you can fish and yes a reservation is required. Worth it though.

I fished Rock Creek a few weeks ago and it fished pretty well. Beautiful area up there for sure.

I have not been in over 15 years, but my better half said she wants to go this year. She went and got her license and stamp already, so I guess I will take her.

Back
Top Bottom