• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Another SHTF question!

Eh...your call I suppose. I just thought it was interesting, in light of your sig line, that you don't extend to others the courtesy you reserve for yourself.

Care to explain this further? Since when is making logical points in a discussion discourteous? And I'm certainly unaware of any ability I have to control another persons responce to anything I say. So how is it I reserve anything to myself?

It also occurs to me that my sig line has absolutely nothing to do with any level of courtesy. Is it possible you found a funny picture and just couldn't wait to find someplace to use it? To bad the sentiment is such a poor match.

Last edited:
I'm going with the ar. I can loot any gunstore for spare parts. I can run a 7 inch barrel for mount and a 16 inch for wide open engagements. I Would hump a bug out bag to keep the spare upper in. I can find ammo on any killed soldier or civilian, because everyone has at least two ars these days. Unless your soviet and run commie 5.45x39 lol

I'm going with the ar. I can loot any gunstore for spare parts. I can run a 7 inch barrel for mount and a 16 inch for wide open engagements. I Would hump a bug out bag to keep the spare upper in. I can find ammo on any killed soldier or civilian, because everyone has at least two ars these days. Unless your soviet and run commie 5.45x39 lol

This is actually a very strong argument in favor of the AR15 platform and is why, even though my primary is an AR10, I also have AR15s.

hah I do have an ar-15 5.56. I can still rob parts from the 5.45 if I need too. Plus if russia invades, ill have PLENTY of ammo ;)

It also occurs to me that my sig line has absolutely nothing to do with any level of courtesy. Is it possible you found a funny picture and just couldn't wait to find someplace to use it? To bad the sentiment is such a poor match.
It occurs to me that you hide behind smug responses and through a thin veil of civility shout down everyone as being wrong and ridiculous while you continue to not listen and shout "Bigger is better! I have spreadsheets! I hunt and that translates into war zone experience! Mine's bigger than yours!" or something like that...

If the Sht does hit the fan I'm staying away from you two lol. You would end up shooting each other and letting the zombies eat my a$$

Dudes are we still having this little catfight? There's no perfect round..there never will be. What you gain in one caliber, you lose in the other. What you gain from having 7.62 NATO over 5.56 (let's say with the whole stopping power thing) you'll lose something somewhere along the lines with the 7.62. Such as weight and having an easily maneuverable rifle. I'm sorry but you're going to have problems manipulating that heavy of a rifle. Don't even try to say you won't. And you won't always have a fight at 600 meters. And it doesn't go for just 5.56 vs 7.62N. It's the same with 5.56 vs x39. What you'll gain in having the harder hitting x39 you're going to lose in accuracy and range. And it goes the other way too, if you want the 5.56 over the x39 for accuracy, you're going to have to sacrifice your ability to blow thru a wall and still have enough energy to neutralize the target on the other side. Simple fact..there's not a perfect caliber, there's not magical round that can make you a more effective fighter. If you have a 7mm mag that's semi/auto and you can afford to feed it through a reliable firearm and you can lay down effective firepower with it..then I guess that's your SHTF caliber:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom