• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding in cost of shipping and tax?

One last (tangential) point.

Bear in mind that when buying from commercial ammo companies, you have recourse for faulty ammunition and general commercial ****ery in doing business with them. In part, you're not buying just the product, but you're paying a risk premium as insurance.

When you're buying (or selling) on the secondary market, all that holds the deal together is personal integrity. That's the purpose of the seller ratings here (it's a weakness too, but let's not rant about that) - and that we've agreed that if someone has traded with integrity in the past, they'll probably do so with you.

But if something goes wrong, you've pretty much bought (or sold) 'as-is'. There's very little in the way of recourse other than a refund to reverse the deal. No risk premium applies. As those cunning Romans would say - "caveat emptor". But the 'resale' price should reflect that level of uncertainty.

And really, should the buyer be subsidizing the seller for his purchase of something the buyer doesn't need now?

I threw him a very reasonable offer based off of current market values and offered to drive all the way to him and he wanted to bump the price above market because of what it would have cost me if I bought it from online which is reasonable if I was buying from online not for a ftf deal im not going (Karen) im just trying to understand how people think adding on sales tax and shipping costs to a item that does not Involve either is acceptable
Pay his sales tax and then drop a dime on him with the GA dept of revenue.

Pay his sales tax and then drop a dime on him with the GA dept of revenue.
Not out to get people in trouble everyone I've met up with from here has been fantastic for the most part this is a good community of people there is bound to be some bad apples unfortunately just easier to walk away and keep the cash in my pocket there will always be more sh*tyy surplus turkish 8mm to buy for dirt cheap elsewhere

I frequently order guns online from guns.com and they often have free shipping. I may have to pay tax, can't remember for sure. The only difference is that I have to pay the FFL they ship it to a $25 or $35 fee for doing the paperwork and running it through their books. Face to face I would save those dollars and I'm sure not going to pay an extra fee since there is no paperwork involved.

If I have some ammo to sell, I'm going to look for the lowest DELIVERED price I can find, and price it similarly.
If that is what the OP is referencing, the seller would be stupid not to.
Now if as suggested, he listed it at a LOWER price and then after contact by a buyer attempted to raise it, regardless of justification, yeah, he's a d nozzle.

Yes if it was priced that way from the beginning but its super ****ty to sell something fir 20 cpr then jump the price to 46 cpr because it would cost more if I bought it online somewhere
Sorry, I didn't see that in the first post.

Trying to change a deal already made is garbage, and if you have it in PMs worth a neg.

So if I understand correctly he was comparing his price to others with shipping/tax, not actually adding shipping and tax?

In which case, if you can't get it else where without having to pay shipping or tax Id definitely take that into consideration when I'm pricing/purchasing an item. Lots of places pad the sale with shipping/handling fees and in the end it's the ultimate price paid/difference in price that matters to me when purchasing. If you can get 50 rounds at $100 but the tax/shipping adds $25 then you're getting 50 rounds for $2.50 per not $2 per. If he was charging $2.10 a round then you're paying less.

Edit: so he advertised one price? Then added shipping/tax? **** that.

So if I understand correctly he was comparing his price to others with shipping/tax, not actually adding shipping and tax?

In which case, if you can't get it else where without having to pay shipping or tax Id definitely take that into consideration when I'm pricing/purchasing an item. Lots of places pad the sale with shipping/handling fees and in the end it's the ultimate price paid/difference in price that matters to me when purchasing. If you can get 50 rounds at $100 but the tax/shipping adds $25 then you're getting 50 rounds for $2.50 per not $2 per. If he was charging $2.10 a round then you're paying less.

Edit: so he advertised one price? Then added shipping/tax? **** that.
He added on for shipping and tax cost as if I was buying from online

Back
Top Bottom