• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding in cost of shipping and tax?

Jw2530

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
131   0
Reaction score
Why do people add in cost of shipping and taxes on sales that don't involve either im genuinely curious why this is a thing with private sales of ammo and accessories

its-all-about-the-benjamins-gif.gif

I understand that completely but its just a bad way of doing business especially if the other party is willing to work with you
I've been a member here for a while but haven't done a lot of trading or buying/selling so my opinion is worth very little but when I do see ads with every penny added up I just roll my eyes and hit the backspace key.
Same when I see someone who overpaid for an entry level AR and wants to get that 1200 bucks back on a $400 home-built rifle.

I've been a member here for a while but haven't done a lot of trading or buying/selling so my opinion is worth very little but when I do see ads with every penny added up I just roll my eyes and hit the backspace key.
Same when I see someone who overpaid for an entry level AR and wants to get that 1200 bucks back on a $400 home-built rifle.
This is a common theme in our classifieds. You can build brand New Aero Precision rifle with a 300 dollar lower and a 600 dollar upper and what about that makes a used one worth 1,200 to 2,500 bucks.

sometimes shipping is a lot easier than meeting up for a deal
There was no shipping involved in the proposed deal he was saying that he was charging more because it would have cost me more if I had gotten it online
So he was gonna add on what it would have cost cpr if I had ordered it online with shipping and taxes 😑

There was no shipping involved in the proposed deal he was saying that he was charging more because it would have cost me more if I had gotten it online
So he was gonna add on what it would have cost cpr if I had ordered it online with shipping and taxes 😑

Sounds like a good reason to walk away from the deal.

If I buy something that I don't use and want to sell, my cost of purchase, including tax and shipping is a straight loss.

If I want to sell something than more than I bought it for, I have to be prepared for the possibility that nobody wants to buy it. I might SAY that I know what it's worth on the open market, but I don't.

It sounds like he has no clue. Hope you walked, no run away from the deal

Back
Top Bottom