• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding in cost of shipping and tax?

Generally my time and gas are worth more to me and I’ll gladly pay a member to ship items IF the item qualifies and the member is established with good feedback.

I’m not asking anyone to ship an item that requires hazmat or an FFL transfer though

Thats what I ended up doing was mainly curious why people think they can add sales tax and shipping costs (dealer associated costs) to a sale when its for a ftf private sale. was mainly just seeing if this was a common thing and If I was the idiot 🤣
Well let's say I'm selling some obscure ammo that most brick and mortar stores don't carry.

Like a box of 6.5 grendel. And I'm asking $20 cash. Billy good dealer messages me and says hey, ammo.com has that same box for $18.99 won't you please be a good borther and sell me for $15 because it's used.

Would it not be reasonable for me to mention the added cost of shipping and tax for ordering it online?

Generally my time and gas are worth more to me and I’ll gladly pay a member to ship items IF the item qualifies and the member is established with good feedback.

I’m not asking anyone to ship an item that requires hazmat or an FFL transfer though
I also will pay for shipping cost if its being shipped not if I'm coming to meet you in person

Well let's say I'm selling some obscure ammo that most brick and mortar stores don't carry.

Like a box of 6.5 grendel. And I'm asking $20 cash. Billy good dealer messages me and says hey, ammo.com has that same box for $18.99 won't you please be a good borther and sell me for $15 because it's used.

Would it not be reasonable for me to mention the added cost of shipping and tax for ordering it online?
Yes if it was priced that way from the beginning but its super ****ty to sell something fir 20 cpr then jump the price to 46 cpr because it would cost more if I bought it online somewhere

Yes if it was priced that way from the beginning but its super ****ty to sell something fir 20 cpr then jump the price to 46 cpr because it would cost more if I bought it online somewhere
Ok. So he did in fact jump the price up from what it originally said in the listing?

That wasn't clear in the OP. and yeah that's weird

Went fron 20 cpr to 46 c0r because it costs more online to ship it with sales tax even though there was no shipping involved in thr proposed sale

Back
Top Bottom