• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding in cost of shipping and tax?

If you ask me neither. He already agreed to a price and a deal was struck. Unless something catastrophic happens it's a verbal deal. I have had to back out of a few buys due to unforseen incidents. When a deal or transaction shousld I say is struck then any other unexpected price hikes would make me contemplate a NEG!!! If it was advertised as a certain price and then you negotiate it's done. Trying to squeeze in shipping and taxes on a FTF is a underhanded attempt to snare a buyer that he knows is really interested in item or items. Crappy, underhanded, slimy, and a A** HOLE of a way of doing business in my opinion.
Your story was not posted in the OP.

Maybe I can find your story under ODT Elite member posts 🤣🤣

Sounds like you questioned his pricing, he gave you a answer for how he came up with it, and you decided to go Karen and speak to the ODT manager (aka the pasture)
I threw him a very reasonable offer based off of current market values and offered to drive all the way to him and he wanted to bump the price above market because of what it would have cost me if I bought it from online which is reasonable if I was buying from online not for a ftf deal im not going (Karen) im just trying to understand how people think adding on sales tax and shipping costs to a item that does not Involve either is acceptable

I threw him a very reasonable offer based off of current market values and offered to drive all the way to him and he wanted to bump the price above market because of what it would have cost me if I bought it from online which is reasonable if I was buying from online not for a ftf deal im not going (Karen) im just trying to understand how people think adding on sales tax and shipping costs to a item that does not Involve either is acceptable
Are you saying he added extra prices to what his listing said? Or he just explained how he came up with his price.

We need further context to properly evaluate your rant.

Sounds like it was a scam. You offered to meet and he raised the price to over online pricing. Scammer is written all over that one.

Back
Top Bottom