• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Adding in cost of shipping and tax?

If you want to add on sales tax and shipping cost it needs to be reflected in the original price and not added on after the fact

If you want to add on sales tax and shipping cost it needs to be reflected in the original price and not added on after the fact
He should take down or edit his ad. I agree. Don't change the price upwards after striking a deal unless the guy identified as living in Central Georgia and you find out he's in Bainbridge and wants to meet in Valdosta.

Thats what I ended up doing was mainly curious why people think they can add sales tax and shipping costs (dealer associated costs) to a sale when its for a ftf private sale. was mainly just seeing if this was a common thing and If I was the idiot 🤣
In your explanation, he didn’t ad anything to his price. He simply told you how and why he arrived at his asking price.

In your explanation, he didn’t ad anything to his price. He simply told you how and why he arrived at his asking price.
I believe his beef is also that the sailor changed his price upwards by ADDING shipping and tax after posting a lower price per round.

I do this sometimes adding the cost of a half dozen Krispy Kremes and a large coffee to my deal price on the way to the meet.

If you want to charge sales tax and shipping cost, it needs to be reflected that those charges include setting it down on my stoop in front of my front door - not me driving 100 miles because you can't drive past your mailbox.

If the cellar changed the price after OP drove to the pickup, should leave a big negative.

I believe his beef is also that the sailor changed his price upwards by ADDING shipping and tax after posting a lower price per round.

I do this sometimes adding the cost of a half dozen Krispy Kremes and a large coffee to my deal price on the way to the meet.
No,
he said that he made an offer and the seller refused to budge and explained his reasoning for the price.
OP offered less than ad price.

No,
he said that he made an offer and the seller refused to budge and explained his reasoning for the price.
OP offered less than ad price.
Ooooohhhh.... that changes things considerably.....
hand rubbing.gif

Back
Top Bottom