• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

30 Cal can update and advice.

Which turd to polish?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i really do try not to, but i'm not one of those guys that drives up to a stand...i hunt! sometimes you gotta belly crawl through a briar patch or slog through a swamp bottom. gotta get where there are, sometimes you get a little messy

had my sling break on me once crossing a swamp and my rifle went barrel first about a foot and a half deep. wasnt about to go all the way back to camp so just found a stick that would fit down the bore, cleaned it out, and carried on.
I have heard you were a dedicated hunter.

If it's really nasty, put a sock over it or just pull it off.

i.ytimg.com_vi_aIWrFNDKQ6o_maxresdefault.jpg

Do you get sticks and **** in the barrel of your rifle?
You would be amazed, 2 years ago crossing a creek I slipped and jammed the end of my riffle into a clay bank. Had to take it back and clean it to get back to hunting. All the pockets of my hunting gear and about everything I tote with me ends up with some kind of trash. Just something I was thinking about when you brought up sealed cans. I'm going to work the crap out of my gear, it won't be just range toys.

You would be amazed, 2 years ago crossing a creek I slipped and jammed the end of my riffle into a clay bank. Had to take it back and clean it to get back to hunting. All the pockets of my hunting gear and about everything I tote with me ends up with some kind of trash. Just something I was thinking about when you brought up sealed cans. I'm going to work the crap out of my gear, it won't be just range toys.
I would think that you could probably clean it in the same way as you would remove something from your barrel. You can surely run a hose through it to flush it out.

I would think that you could probably clean it in the same way as you would remove something from your barrel. You can surely run a hose through it to flush it out.
Sounds good man, you know more about these than I do. What are the baffles going to be made out of? If I can hose it out and spray some CLP in it I don't see a problem with a sealed can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom