• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

30 Cal can update and advice.

Which turd to polish?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nonliberal

Eagle Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
Formerly known as Bypass
355   0
Reaction score
So ~2 months ago I pandered out for some start up cash on 30 cal cans. I know I'm late and I apologize but I didn't run off with your money. I got about 4 different designs that are all viable and ready to be tweeked.

What would you rather see in a 30 can?

I started out with the 1.5" diameter and settled on 9" to start making cores for. We came up with several good designs for baffle stacks. Played with different angles and lengths of baffles. If we go with a baffle stack design the can will definitely be sealed and unserviceable. I think this is fine because why in the hell do you need to take apart your center fire cans anyway? The threaded cap is just so we can swap out designs as needed..
DSCF0188.JPG

Either way we do it the ass cap will look like this
DSCF0190.JPG

The we cut out some monocores. I can't share the monocore cutouts weve tinkered with because they might be special. I can show you how it's going together. The sleeved can is one piece then the monocore threads down into it like so:
DSCF0191.JPG DSCF0189.JPG

Now, we did all this in 1.5 diameter at 9" long. I got some more materials to do a 1.75" x 8" in basically the same designs. They do not feel too fat and I think they have more internal volume. Two different cans will probably be born out of this experiment and if they are the "buy in" guys get to pick either or.

So now, we have these 4 designs laid out and they are all viable and suppress well. Which one of these turds do we polish and make into art?

Dave is on vacation this week so I have to decide which direction to go in. We will get hard on these next week when he returns. When we decide for sure we can begin serializing tubes and doing paperwork. So, next week I plan to be ready to begin. If we go with two sizes, buy in guys will need to pick blindly which one they get to start up or wait until demonstratable finished products are available.

Also, I welcome any advice or criticism of our design. I'm looking to make something worth owning and I'm not above taking help.

Last edited:
Any noticeable difference in sound/tones between the cans? I vote on what ever is the quietest of the group. I trust your good judgment and since you aren't having to pay advertising/sales guys to make up stuff, it should be what you feel is best.

Any difference in weights between the different designs to speak of.

How do they sound compared to a Harvester or is this a little early to tell?

Any noticeable difference in sound/tones between the cans? I vote on what ever is the quietest of the group. I trust your good judgment and since you aren't having to pay advertising/sales guys to make up stuff, it should be what you feel is best.

Any difference in weights between the different designs to speak of.

How do they sound compared to a Harvester or is this a little early to tell?

Too early for a lot of side by sides but we have the suppression down. Need to work on a specific design instead of chasing different styles. Weight and suppression will probably be the same either way. Seems we can have more options with monocores and they are easier to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom