• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

30 Cal can update and advice.

Which turd to polish?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, I will be using my can a lot for hunting. I hunt A LOT and have noticed I get dirt sticks and all sorts of debris stuck in all my gear. I'm sure at some point tracking through the crap I hunt in trash of some sort WILL end up in the can. With a sealed can is there any way to clean it. Leading aint going to be a problem with me but what I just described will be.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I hunt nasty stuff, and I never get anything in my cans. If it's really nasty, put a sock over it or just pull it off.

If you want to soak it in something, you can always soak in acetone.

Where do you people hunt?

Jungle thickness. I shot a deer a couple of years ago that was about 40 yards from my stand. It ran 20 yards, and after about 30 minutes of searching I gave up on it and got my dog. She found it fairly quickly, and I had to crawl on my hands and knees for about 10 yards to drag it out.

The deer always have this uncanny knack of dropping in the thickest spots...

That is very bad man. Don't do that.

i really do try not to, but i'm not one of those guys that drives up to a stand...i hunt! sometimes you gotta belly crawl through a briar patch or slog through a swamp bottom. gotta get where there are, sometimes you get a little messy

had my sling break on me once crossing a swamp and my rifle went barrel first about a foot and a half deep. wasnt about to go all the way back to camp so just found a stick that would fit down the bore, cleaned it out, and carried on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom