• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

13 year old homeschooler... not your average bear...

my son is only my stepson so I really have no say in the matter. If and when it comes to my own children I will do whatever it takes to keep them out of government run schools. Private school, home school, whatever. I will not leave the education of my children to the whims of a group of government bureaucrats.

my son is only my stepson so I really have no say in the matter. If and when it comes to my own children I will do whatever it takes to keep them out of government run schools. Private school, home school, whatever. I will not leave the education of my children to the whims of a group of government bureaucrats.

Thank you. General distrust of government. From your posts earlier it appears you truly are an exception to the norm. A success story like yours would be extremely hard to achieve in any economy. Kudus for hard work.

Our short list

1) The area we want to live in for work and ministry reasons doesn't have great schools
2) The ability to cater education to child's strengths, gifts, and passions
3) My wife is a stay at home mom and we never intended have her work outside the home anyhow. We are of the opinion that home maker is an unbelievably noble, powerful, and rewarding thing to dedicate ones life too. My wife does not feel like she "gave up" her career. I would go so far as to say she has dedicated her life to a high calling.
4) Options for sports, clubs, and interaction with a wide variety of children are readily available. No not the same as public school environment, but just different not less than.
5) We have strong Bible based values that we wish to interweave into our children's education and life.

There are many more reasons and I could elaborate on each of these but this is about as long a post as I can stand to type. Interweb debatin' ain't my cup a tea. I figured I owed you a response though since I jumped in.

Our short list

1) The area we want to live in for work and ministry reasons doesn't have great schools
2) The ability to cater education to child's strengths, gifts, and passions
3) My wife is a stay at home mom and we never intended have her work outside the home anyhow. We are of the opinion that home maker is an unbelievably noble, powerful, and rewarding thing to dedicate ones life too. My wife does not feel like she "gave up" her career. I would go so far as to say she has dedicated her life to a high calling.
4) Options for sports, clubs, and interaction with a wide variety of children are readily available. No not the same as public school environment, but just different not less than.
5) We have strong Bible based values that we wish to interweave into our children's education and life.

There are many more reasons and I could elaborate on each of these but this is about as long a post as I can stand to type. Interweb debatin' ain't my cup a tea. I figured I owed you a response though since I jumped in.[/

Honest and sincere. Thank you.

Not the point. C'mon man.

Sure it is, are you what you said homies were not? Do not be a hypocrite. You are too young to intelligently defend your point. Your motive is crystal clear...and your silly games. How much more attention will you try to draw to yourself?

There is no big deal. Different strokes for different folks. Curious to learn the deciding factor that resulted in your decision to homeschool. No motive here. Just trying to get an understanding and honest answers.

No, you are not, you are manipulating data....

So far I have 1 honest, to the point. I have a fear of "x" so I choose to homeschool.

You have 2 ears and one mouth, go reread the previous posts before you expunge this adolescent premise. I hope your all day data manipulation job? is a bit more detailed than your ramblings here.

You have 2 ears and one mouth, go reread the previous posts before you expunge this adolescent premise. I hope your all day data manipulation job? is a bit more detailed than your ramblings here.

When I look at numbers on a paper, I don't instantly believe them. If you read the studies and felt you needed to act due to the findings. That's what I want to know. Just because someone writes a paper or a masters program doesn't mean I instantly agree with the findings. Too many variable for me to blindly follow that. I'm sure you feel the same away about sending your kids to public school. Too many variables, impossible to control the outcome so I'm not going to do it.

Crippen has my respect. For his honest answer.

Back
Top Bottom