• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

13 year old homeschooler... not your average bear...

Very impressive! He made a PowerPoint and ran with it. I see MIT with several PHD's before he hits his 30's. Wish we had more parents that cared enough, to take them home and teach them..

Very impressive! He made a PowerPoint and ran with it. I see MIT with several PHD's before he hits his 30's. Wish we had more parents that cared enough, to take them home and teach them..
My son is 11 and one of his Chrismtas presents was MS Office 2013 because he wanted Power Point (of all things). He did a power point showing why he believes he deserves more video game time. Unfortunately for him, he had a VERY tough audience that wasn't going to be sold. I do give him points though. ;) And his power point skills are better than mine. :D

I like this kid. More power to his parents for teaching him. I hope he is really good at scrubbing toilets in a factory because without a degree he isn't going to be able to afford the ride on the sky lift. I think it is important to teach your kids these values but not taking them out of school. School isn't just about math, it's about learning how to function in society. Let's snap back into the world we live in. If this was a viable option for everyone it would be the norm. Sadly this is not the case. In the worst job market in history my kid will do whatever the societal norm is to set herself up for a self sufficient future. She will go to school, get a degree, and get a job that pays well. So her child can do the same.

I like this kid. More power to his parents for teaching him. I hope he is really good at scrubbing toilets in a factory because without a degree he isn't going to be able to afford the ride on the sky lift. I think it is important to teach your kids these values but not taking them out of school. School isn't just about math, it's about learning how to function in society. Let's snap back into the world we live in. If this was a viable option for everyone it would be the norm. Sadly this is not the case. In the worst job market in history my kid will do whatever the societal norm is to set herself up for a self sufficient future. She will go to school, get a degree, and get a job that pays well. So her child can do the same.

Huh? :confused:

What makes you think he's not going to get a degree? His parents removed him from public school, not from the learning process. The social element in public schools has reached a point where I feel its more detrimental than nurturing. There are plenty of other ways to socialize a child.

Back
Top Bottom